Les Paul pickguard bracket...

Paul Dezelski

Reaction score
Any users out there know of a pickguard bracket that is a different size and would prop the pickguard up a bit higher??
(away from the body)

Thanks!!

Mr French

Reaction score
I'm not sure about that but you could shim it with some washers.

Paul Dezelski

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking to do. I rest my picking hand in the pickguard, hoping to have my hand up closer to the string area with the pickguard up higher.

Mr French

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking to do. I rest my picking hand in the pickguard, hoping to have my hand up closer to the string area with the pickguard up higher.
Try it. You could always grind down the nut or find a thinner nut to put more shims/washers.

Mr French

Reaction score
True. I was also thinking of bending up the mounting bracket a bit.
Make sure the bracket is off the guitar. Don't want to rip out the screw holding it in.

Although I do same a simple washer would be better as you can easily revert back to stock. Let us know what you end up doing and how it works for your needs.

Gibsonrocknroll

Reaction score
Try putting some small felt tips on the underside of the pickguard screw where the bolt is. Also the felt protects the body from getting scratched. I purchased the felt tips from Lowe's Home Improvement.
22EC5FCC-65BC-4DD8-9731-8E6D44E753D4.jpeg
DE6E15CE-F13C-48ED-AB0A-CBD4745B430A.jpeg

BeardedLP

Reaction score
The bracket on a Epiphone is taller. I was going to pot a chrome Gibson bracket on my Epiphone LP Custom and couldn't because its at least a 1/4" shorter.

Latest Threads