Les Paul PEACE Owners - Come On In Here

LesLuva

Reaction score
IMG_4444.JPG
IMG_4437.JPG
custom knobs.JPG
Les Paul Peace.png
I picked this baby up about 6 months ago and love it! This green is more my style than the other variations of green I've seen pictures of ....I changed the original knobs out for these custom ones I found online and changed out the truss rod cover to black. I know the green isn't for everyone...but its certainly for me. I'm including a picture with the original knobs and truss rod cover as well.

Last edited:

johnnytuinals

Reaction score
Still have my Brand New Peace and it has been in the case since I bought it over a year ago(maybe used it 10 mins}But its a keeper ever if it does not get used.........JT

Attachments

Wally Johnson

Reaction score
I think FUN is exactly what was behind th design of our Peace Models. They are kind of whimsical, and th Peace Signs and details are reminiscent of Woodstock. A lot of clothing and instruments had Peace Signs all over them at Woodstock. It is also kind of Haight-Ashbury, San Francisco Grateful Dead details aboard these guitars. Since I was 13 when Woodstock was held, I'm old enough to remember the traffic jams and the I-90 Interstate being closed. My big Brother bought the album as soon as it came out, and I listned to it full blast on our big consiole stereo (When Mom and Dad weren't home!) Those memories make my Peaceful Orange PEACE MODEL a time capsule of those days late in the 60's. If it wasn't for the riots, the 60's were a cool time to be alive.

ajay

Reaction score
image.jpeg
I just saw where Alice Cooper's Lead guitarist, Ryan Roxie chose a Serenity Sunrise PEACE for his Number One. He didn't change a thing on it, and he uses the Min-ETune all of the time with no problems.
He even left the white "ETune" Truss Rod cover on his. All in all his summary of the PEACE Model is two thumbs up. It' cool to see a real rocker using a PEACE every night onstage.
Ryan is a Gibson/Marshall man all the way through. His touring case has the PEACE, a FIREBIRD, FLYING VEE, 335, SG, and a few other GIBSONS. he is a man after my own heart. My guitars are all Gibsons except for my Dad's 1935 REGAL-made DOBRO MODEL 37 SQUARENECK that he bought brand new in 1937.

John00777

Reaction score
Does anybody know the production number of the les paul peace? Thanks im advance for your help!
Jon

bytemare

Reaction score
Resurrecting this thread because I am coming back to the Peace club haha! My original Peace got destroyed, away after much searching I finally picked up another one. Turns out this one is hand wired, giant capacitors and all. Looking at the pickup wires, it looks like they are just 2 wire. Does anyone know for sure before I go and undo everything? I was hoping to do some coil splits on this one.

bytemare

Reaction score
Well I couldn't wait, looked more closely and the pickup appears to be just 2 wires. Oh well ;)

TheWhigs

Reaction score
Well I couldn't wait, looked more closely and the pickup appears to be just 2 wires. Oh well ;)
I purchased my Harmonious Sunset Peace model from TheStratosphere.com so mine didn't come with any electronics or any other parts.

My guitar is completely put together however I'm still debating if I should install the Graphtechs I've purchased (of course it means drilling holes) or should I just purchase a used Robotuner and go with that until it potentially fails. :hmm:

Last edited:

DBDM

Reaction score
I dicked around at Sam Ash on a used Peaceful Orange to try to save a few bucks, that it finally sold and I missed out. I went in there for the umpteenth hundredth time to hold it and they guy said he sold it. I replied, "what do you mean you sold it?" I was crushed. I think they had it listed at $1900 and they were offering it to me at $1600 and I was holding out for $1500? Or close to those #. Snooze, you lose! Had the roboteers replaced already with Grover locking tuners and the truss rod cover replace with a blank one! Everything else orginal and included the robotuner and etune cover in the case! Oh well.

TheWhigs

Reaction score
I dicked around at Sam Ash on a used Peaceful Orange to try to save a few bucks, that it finally sold and I missed out. I went in there for the umpteenth hundredth time to hold it and they guy said he sold it. I replied, "what do you mean you sold it?" I was crushed. I think they had it listed at $1900 and they were offering it to me at $1600 and I was holding out for $1500? Or close to those #. Snooze, you lose! Had the roboteers replaced already with Grover locking tuners and the truss rod cover replace with a blank one! Everything else orginal and included the robotuner and etune cover in the case! Oh well.
I know where you are coming from. TheStratosphere had a few LP Peace guitars for sale and I didn't bother to pick any (like you, I was hoping they would negotiate and drop their prices). I vowed that wouldn't happen the next time I see one. To my luck, one showed up and I jumped all over it. I'm glad I did!

There are a few available on Reverb and different colors do show up but I'm glad I was able build mine the way I wanted to.

Its my 1st weight-relieved LP I own and hopefully it will fit right in with my other axes once its completed.

ivandolz

Reaction score
I am receiving mine today coming directly from Gibson Demo Reverb Store. Looking Forward! Robotuners and truss rod cover already replaced... But I have some ideas for that guitar...

TheWhigs

Reaction score
I am receiving mine today coming directly from Gibson Demo Reverb Store. Looking Forward! Robotuners and truss rod cover already replaced... But I have some ideas for that guitar...
Fantastic to hear! :applause:

Are you planning on selling your Robotuner and truss rod cover?

Oooitzdabman

Reaction score
New peace owner here, waiting for her to arrive. All stock minus the case, anyone have an extra or any leads on one?

Oooitzdabman

Reaction score
did you snag that purple one that went up?

Latest Threads