Les Paul PEACE Owners - Come On In Here

ajay

Reaction score
Hey everybody. How difficult is it to find original Peace Knobs and all of the other parts that came on our guitars originally? I've been looking for some spare parts and cant find them anywhere.

No ugos

Reaction score
Haven't been looking for them, but I did see a set of knobs about six months ago on eBay.

ajay

Reaction score
Thanks No ugos. I appreciate the tip. I looked on ebay, Reverb, and just general search and found nothing. When I bought mine, the original owner had sold everything, including the case. I have everything now, but I just was looking for an extra set of Peace knobs.

Gojo03

Reaction score
I picked up a set on Reverb last year for about $60. All the peace parts including the knobs. I just threw them all in the case. Maybe it'll be worth more one day with all that junk, lol

JarrodH

Reaction score
His guys! These are my two Pauls.....I just got my Peace yesterday at my local music store. They were having their annual sales so I got the Peace for $899.99!!!!!!! The sale was incredible. They had a Gibson j200 for $1200.00, anyway, I'm getting off track. I love the Peace and it will be passed on hopefully for generations to come.

JarrodH

Reaction score
Oh, the only mods I made were......I took the Minetune off and put a blank truss rod cover on it, both are tucked away thought.

irocdave12

Reaction score
Some of you guys are very fortunate and got killer quarter sawn maple tops on those models

dogdass

Reaction score
His guys! These are my two Pauls.....I just got my Peace yesterday at my local music store. They were having their annual sales so I got the Peace for $899.99!!!!!!! The sale was incredible. They had a Gibson j200 for $1200.00, anyway, I'm getting off track. I love the Peace and it will be passed on hopefully for generations to come.
Never was a rimburst fan, but at that price it's a steal. Congrats!

JarrodH

Reaction score
Never was a rimburst fan, but at that price it's a steal. Congrats!
Yeah, I just couldn't walk out of the store without it for that price, and truth be told, now that I've had it for a while, it's in the top two of my best playing guitars. I did a very small truss rod adjustment and now everything thing is great! No buzz anywhere on the guitar. My other two les Pauls have bad buzz on the low e and I can't figure out how to get rid of it. All the other strings on them are fine, just the low e strings.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
You dog, what a great price for a beautiful Guitar. I think I paid $2200 for mine back in late 2014 when the 2015 models were coming out. All the Hoopla and me not knowing about getting a more traditional Les Paul ignited my fire to get a nice 2014 Les Paul. The Peace guitars are kind of like in a cross between a Standard and a Traditional for weight and features.

Last edited:

ajay

Reaction score
Really a fine steal. A lot of people say that the Peace Model is actually a Standard. I don't know why, but they do. Gibson's original list price for rhese was $5300, so I think You made out all right. Good on Ya'!, and welcome to the club!
By the way. I don't call mine a Standard. I just call it a good ol' Peace. Did You get the Hemp case with it?

No ugos

Reaction score
Really a fine steal. A lot of people say that the Peace Model is actually a Standard. I don't know why, but they do. Gibson's original list price for rhese was $5300, so I think You made out all right. Good on Ya'!, and welcome to the club!
By the way. I don't call mine a Standard. I just call it a good ol' Peace. Did You get the Hemp case with it?
They call it a standard because Gibson lists it as a Les Paul Standard Peace.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Gibson just calls it a 2014 Les Paul Peace, but ZZounds had announced it as a Les Paul Standard Peace which is where I first saw this guitar. I was working with ZZounds and Sweetwater for the best deal and finding the top I liked best, but this guitar is like a cross between a Traditional and a Standard in my opinion.

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2014/Les-Paul-Peace.aspx

Last edited:

ajay

Reaction score
They call it a standard because Gibson lists it as a Les Paul Standard Peace.
I'm aware that Gibson calls it a Standard. I don't know why, meaning I don't know what makes a Standard a Standard. Gibson's original List Price on the Peace Model was $5300, so I guess they wanted to make it compete with their $5000 models.
The Sunburst pattern on our Peace guitars is not sprayed in the same pattern as most Standards. The outer stain pattern is like an inch and a half all the way around.
Most Standards have the vintage look rim staining pattern that opens up as it gets near the fretboard. Also, Standards have Modern Weight Relief. Our Peace Models are Swiss Cheese. The Standard has Coil Taps and Phasing. The Standard has a AAA Maple Top. The Peace is AA, and the Green and Orange are allegedly Plain Tops. Although I believe that there are a lot of AAA Maple Tops in reality, even on the Green and Orange. My Peaceful Orange Peace is the last guitar I whill ever sell.
Things like that are what make me wonder why they don't do everything to the Peace Model that they do on their regular Standard line if they are going to call them Standards. I'm not arguing about it. I just wonder what Gibson is thinking? They just aren't the same.

Last edited:

No ugos

Reaction score
I'm aware that Gibson calls it a Standard. I don't know why, meaning I don't know what makes a Standard a Standard. Gibson's original List Price on the Peace Model was $5300, so I guess they wanted to make it compete with their $5000 models.
The Sunburst pattern on our Peace guitars is not sprayed in the same pattern as most Standards. The outer stain pattern is like an inch and a half all the way around.
Most Standards have the vintage look rim staining pattern that opens up as it gets near the fretboard. Also, Standards have Modern Weight Relief. Our Peace Models are Swiss Cheese. The Standard has Coil Taps and Phasing. The Standard has a AAA Maple Top. The Peace is AA, and the Green and Orange are allegedly Plain Tops. Although I believe that there are a lot of AAA Maple Tops in reality, even on the Green and Orange. My Peaceful Orange Peace is the last guitar I whill ever sell.
Things like that are what make me wonder why they don't do everything to the Peace Model that they do on their regular Standard line if they are going to call them Standards. I'm not arguing about it. I just wonder what Gibson is thinking? They just aren't the same.
You have some good points, but remember "Traditionals" are not Traditionals, they're "Standard Traditionals". So in 2014 you had modern standards just called standards, traditional standards just called traditionals, and the Standard Peace guitars, most people just call peace.

Whatever it is, I just call them fun!

Latest Threads