Les Paul parallel universe concept.

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like what some of the fender stuff looks like, was just mooching on the fretboard forums, some one is planning a lp build with a humbucker bridge and p90 neck, with a wrapped compensated bridge. Which I thought looked really cool, then I thought that wrapped bridge at that angle is just crying out for a p90 mounted at same angle a’ la telecaster. Anyone built one like this?

valvetoneman

Reaction score
I like what some of the fender stuff looks like, was just mooching on the fretboard forums, some one is planning a lp build with a humbucker bridge and p90 neck, with a wrapped compensated bridge. Which I thought looked really cool, then I thought that wrapped bridge at that angle is just crying out for a p90 mounted at same angle a’ la telecaster. Anyone built one like this?
My new models are mixing fender and Gibson and I'm using a humbucker and p90 but I'd never do a slanted one, it would drive me nuts looking at it

Post it up if you make one

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha, would it? I think it would look great. I will mock it up in photoshop, a single pickup P90 is happening, love the look, but will see what the angle looks like, it may look stoopid, we’ll see, and will do to scale with regard to pole spacing as well.

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Reaction score
So that is a top wrap compensated bridge?

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s what I’d be using.

efstop

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
An old uncompensated wrap tail bridge will have more of an angle compared to the nearly straight angle of a lightning bar.

Did you mean angled like the wrap around bridge on a '59 Melody Maker?

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, but not with a dog ear pickup though that be just wrong

moreles

Reaction score
A PU with a rectangular outline is not going to look good placed at an angle. The rounded ends on Strat and Tele PUs allow angling without the awkward, "homebrew" look. Depending on the P90, there could be some dropoff in pickup sensitivity and coverage at the ends when tilted.

Latest Threads