Les Paul Junior DC alternatives

merkava

Reaction score
ב"ה
Hi,
I am looking for a LP Junior DC but I don't want to buy Gibson, I don't believe in this company for previous experiences and I don't want to pay 3k for a CS version of a guitar that was intended to be a student version.
I will be glad to hear your experiences. I live in Israel so I have to order anyway....
Thankzzzzz!

Uri

dc007

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you factor in inflation the non custom shop version is still a good deal....just sayin

barryf

Reaction score
I have a Maybach Lester Jr Special DC and it is my favourite of all my 7 guitars. They are made in Europe (CZ), and are really well made - more approaching Custom Shop standards.

USTTRM

Reaction score

This is your best bet so much so I just ordered one this weekend myself for the same reasons. The P90 is actually really good and you can’t beat the price.

mono

Reaction score
If you can wait, get an Edwards. The TV yellow finish is very accurate and they are nitro and super lightweight with a Seymour Duncan p90.

Otherwise Harley Benton is your best bet.

merkava

Reaction score
Thanks!
How can I get to the Edwards? Their website is only in japanese...

zeneffect

Reaction score
You can use a japan proxy like fromjapan, jauce, rinkya, etc. After shipping you still tend to save quite a bit of $$$ for a very high quality instrument. Some shops also have employees that speak English and sell to overseas customers. I believe ishibashi is one of them however I haven't gone the direct route personally, only via proxy many many dozens of times.

GammyBird

Reaction score
Reverb or fleabay might have one. Watch out for the ridiculous over-pricing by some sellers though.

Latest Threads