Les Paul Junior 57 vos maybe?

velvetsunrise

Reaction score
Hi, I have bad gas for a les paul junior.

How do they compare sound wise, to a full thickness body Les Paul, i hear that p90s sound better on a thinner body guitar??

Are the vos junior models worth the extra dosh?

How fat are the necks on the 57 vos juniors?

Any pics anyone?

I need a p90 Gibson!!!! Ive seen a nice Classic Antique with P90s, but the 57vos junior does look so coooooooooool.

Which to get? :hmm:any thoughts opinions?

Thanks.

Texas07R8

Reaction score
just frikkin do it, you won't regret it. My 59 Jr double cut is louder acoustically than all my other guitars except for my Ovation. The are very resonant.

I think the maple cap must kill some of the acoustic qualities because those Juniors tend to be very resonant. Yet on a LP the solid mahogany ones seem darker than maple tops. I don't think a Jr. is dark. Mine has a huge bass side to it but it's also got treble edge and mid-range honk too.

Maybe the P90s and slab mahogany with a tight tenon is the magic mixture for that tone.

velvetsunrise

Reaction score
Ive seen an 04 57 vos, mint condition, for £1195, I can pick a new one up for a few hundred more, have Gibson made any changes to this model in the last few years?

Thanks.

LPSol93

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the VOS '57 Junior's. If you send the time getting to know your controls, you can get a lot more tones out of this gutiar than you'd think.

Here's a coffee fueled video I did on the first day I received my new to me Jr. Love this guitar! Sorry for the chatter in the beginning.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnpNaGRNYtU]YouTube - Gibson Historic '57 Junior Les Paul/Swart Space Tone[/ame]

LPCollector

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Nice demo LPSol93..........:applause:

Single cut Jr.'s ROCK!

Here is my past love:

Jr3.jpg

velvetsunrise

Reaction score
That looks awesome, thats the one:dude:. Decided going to go for the 57 vos Sunburst. Just need to pass on one guitar to help the finances, hopefully by the weekend i should be placing my order.:fingersx:

Now only problem a Mint 04 gloss or a new vos:hmm:

Thanks for posting the pic, beautiful guitar:applause:

velvetsunrise

Reaction score
Well got the Junior, its an 07.

It plays and sounds absolutley superb. Very light, and VERY VERY MEAN.

I love it.:D

Attachments

• cut Junior1594.jpg
    cut Junior1594.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 96

River

Reaction score
Welcome to the Jr. adoration society!

Liam

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Well got the Junior, its an 07.

It plays and sounds absolutley superb. Very light, and VERY VERY MEAN.

I love it.:D

Juniors are way cool, and like you say, kind of mean sounding.

Glad you're liking it. One of the few guitars that drummers comment on (and generally in approval!:thumb:)

Liam

Latest Threads