Les Paul Junior 57 Reissue

steamboat willy

Reaction score
Hi guys

Haven't posted in a while but I'm hoping someone can help me out. I've just spotted a sunburst Epiphone Les Paul Junior 57 reissue at a local auction house which is going up for auction on Friday and I'm quite interested in it but I think they're a bit optimistic on their catalogue guide price. They are suggesting it will go for £250-£300 but wasn't the new price on these only about £280? I think it's probably genuine because its one of about six guitars which came from a bankrupt shop. Serial number on it is DW06032082 and it has a 'Limited Edition Custom Shop' logo on the back but would all 57 reissues have that? I'm thinking the realistic value of this guitar would be no more than about £200. What do you guys think?

steamboat willy

Reaction score
Yes spotted that just after I posted but as the OP on that thread was talking about US prices for the guitar it's not really relevant to me in the UK

Hack

Reaction score
Let me search that for you too,... that little squiggly thing meands pounds, right?

1 British pound sterling = 1.5907 US dollars

1 US dollar = 0.6287 British pounds sterling

There, relevant!

steamboat willy

Reaction score
Yes thanks for the smart-ass answer. I'm beginning to remember why I stopped bothering with this site but as you clearly haven't really got a clue I'll just point out the US/UK markets are completely different and prices are generally far higher in the UK than the US so your super-helpful exchange rate (not) is totally irrelevant.

So is there anyone on this forum that can offer useful advice rather than just being a dick?

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Hi guys

Haven't posted in a while but I'm hoping someone can help me out. I've just spotted a sunburst Epiphone Les Paul Junior 57 reissue at a local auction house which is going up for auction on Friday and I'm quite interested in it but I think they're a bit optimistic on their catalogue guide price. They are suggesting it will go for £250-£300 but wasn't the new price on these only about £280? I think it's probably genuine because its one of about six guitars which came from a bankrupt shop. Serial number on it is DW06032082 and it has a 'Limited Edition Custom Shop' logo on the back but would all 57 reissues have that? I'm thinking the realistic value of this guitar would be no more than about £200. What do you guys think?

All of them have the 'Ltd Ed Custom Shop' logo, even the ones sold in other parts of the world....:D

nonetheless its just a sticker - 'cause there is no Epi Custom Shop

Yes thanks for the smart-ass answer. I'm beginning to remember why I stopped bothering with this site but as you clearly haven't really got a clue I'll just point out the US/UK markets are completely different and prices are generally far higher in the UK than the US so your super-helpful exchange rate (not) is totally irrelevant.

So is there anyone on this forum that can offer useful advice rather than just being a dick?

Seems to be the same guitar, regardless where it has been sold

I wouldn't pay more than ... 200 Euro / 158,54 GBP / 251,82 USD

Eventually you should stop calling others a dick - if you want to get serious answers.....:hmm:

steamboat willy

Reaction score
Yeah well thanks at least for a constructive answer, but as for the name calling I wasn't the one being a smart ass and I'm just calling it as I find it

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Yeah well thanks at least for a constructive answer, but as for the name calling I wasn't the one being a smart ass and I'm just calling it as I find it

It could have been worse....

there are other (corporate) forums with no replies at all....:lol:

Hack

Reaction score
Sorry Willy, I was being a dick. Usually someone with some sense comes in to send you in the proper direction before I get to far... paruwi was just running late.

And I had to leave before I had a chance to tell you I was just messing with you.

goldtop56

Reaction score
lol makes me laugh cos hack you are genuinely a nice guy and after seeing many of your posts it was obvious you were only messing as for the 57 JR i have seen a few go cheap on ebay.co.uk i was looking for billie joe armstrong look but i saw a nice white on the other day only problem is that it was bolt on neck shame cos she looked sweet
would there be a lot of difference in the bolt on and set neck??

the white one was only £90 BIN and it was mint

Tanqueray

Reaction score
I was playing one of these in a shop yesterday. They wanted $325 for it, with no case. Too much imo.

River

Reaction score
The '57 Reissue is unlike any other Epi Junior of which I'm aware. They regularly go for more than they did new, though the yellow ones seem more popular.

As to that being a fair price in the U.K., I have no idea. But it's an auction, and that's what they're hoping to get.

Solidbody

Reaction score
I had been after one of these for a couple of years when I saw one advertised in a magazine, as new condition S/B. I played it and bought it for £130 and think that I got a good deal.
After setting it up and playing it for a while I changed the pickup for a genuine P90 - I found the P100 lacked "bite"
I will add that this guitar has become one of my favorites. Best of luck with the auction!!

Latest Threads