Les Paul Jr Clones?

DaveThePius

Reaction score
I'm looking for a Les Paul Junior clone (1957-ish, single-cut, mahogany, one P-90, TV Yellow or some kind of white). I know Xaviere had one, but is discontinued. Any ideas of anyone making decent ones?

I'm sure this has been addressed before, but it seems the models available in 2010 are not being made anymore.

DaveThePius

Reaction score
My bad. I'm still kind of a noob. I'm thinking below the $500 price range.

grim83

Reaction score
I'm looking for a Les Paul Junior clone (1957-ish, single-cut, mahogany, one P-90, TV Yellow or some kind of white). I know Xaviere had one, but is discontinued. Any ideas of anyone making decent ones?

I'm sure this has been addressed before, but it seems the models available in 2010 are not being made anymore.
The only one that comes to mind in a similar price range is the axl 1216jr I played a bulldog (the upgraded one that is assembled here) and really liked it. The neck as I recall fell somewhere between the 50s and 60s type profiles and was pretty comfortable also has a contoured heel and tummy cut.

DaveThePius

Reaction score
Like I said, Xaviere use to have one. There was an off brand that had a decent knockoff at one of the local stores (probably same as the Xaviere, just different name), but I can't find 'em anymore.

DaveThePius

Reaction score
Thanks NGG!!

That's be SPECTACULAR!! I've been toying with the idea of getting one of the newer Gibson LP Jr's, but that'd take some time to swing one. Also there's the G-Farce issue...

The Axl seems cool, but still a little north of what I'm looking to spend on a clone. Although the upgrades got me thinking maybe.

grim83

Reaction score
Thanks NGG!!

That's be SPECTACULAR!! I've been toying with the idea of getting one of the newer Gibson LP Jr's, but that'd take some time to swing one. Also there's the G-Farce issue...

The Axl seems cool, but still a little north of what I'm looking to spend on a clone. Although the upgrades got me thinking maybe.
The 1216jr runs around 200 the bull dog pushes that to the 500 mark

aceinet

Reaction score
What about the Schecter Tempest Special or Solo 6 Special? Both came in a TV Yellow. Haven't seen many in TV Yellow pop up as used but some are out there. Granted their yellow is way more yellow than white.

chimi

Reaction score
I bought an Austin Double Cut not long ago. It has 2 p90s but is very good quality considering i paid less than 200 for it. The neck is really nice and smooth and the pickups are pretty nice.

From what i understand there were ones made in China and ones made in Korea. I'm fairly sure mine may have been a MIK. Anyways highly recommend keeping an eye out for one.

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't see you said single cut.

nutsauce

Reaction score
Check out the Edward's on ebay.
Yes, this!! I am still kicking myself for letting my Edwards go. Oh my God that thing was awesome. Mine was a double cut, not sure what year, but I'd buy another in a heartbeat. I think I paid about $500 - $600 used. They do make a SC also. I think the model number is like E-JR-85 or something like that. One other thought, not a true Jr. copy, but the PRS SE One is a pretty cool guitar for a good price.

Attachments