Les Paul Historic Reissue Fret Nibs

blouie

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently got an 2020 R0. The one thing I notice different from my other LPs are the Fret nibs are VERY thin (very angled). No complaining as they are consistent across the entire fretboard on both sides but it just looks different than my other LPs.n my other Les Pauls. is this common with the Custom Shop Reissues?
nibs2.jpg
nibs3.jpg

1all's Pub

Reaction score
Yes that’s how the RI nibs are done because that’s how the originals were done. The beefier nibs found on Gibson USA (and some Custom Shop models like the non-RI Custom) are a more modern version of the nibs and not historically correct.

BDW60

Reaction score
Yes. That’s pretty much how they are on my 2020 60s Standard as well. Definitely not the blocky nibs that I have had on past USA guitars.

blouie

Reaction score
Glad to know it is the way it is supposed to be. I actually think they are beautifully done. The person that worked on this guitar clearly paid attention to detail as it is very consistent and very clean.

GR8TONE

Reaction score
My 2015 TH58 is the same way. This is result of “rolling” the fretboard for playing comfort which was common the 1950’s.

Latest Threads