Les Paul goldtop Traditional Pro

ecruzgoldtop

Reaction score
I started playing guitar about a year ago and I learned on a Les Paul epiphone standard,I had to get me a Gibson and I went for the one I can most afford so I got the Traditional Pro Goldtop.I was wondering if this guitar is as good as the standards and traditionals in quality and feel..Does The trad pro compete with those guitars (standard) as well.I love the sound and feel it plays awesome (Trad Pro) it has the Split coil pick ups its very versatile but I was wondering it being a little cheaper did gibson make it with as much respect,good quality wood,frets,fretboard,input jacks,electronics pickups etc as the standard or does the Trad pro have no chance against the standard and feels way different??I didnt play or feel the standard I didn't want to fall in love with it and cant bring it home..One thing is for sure The trad pro is way better than the Epiphone.

Inca Mac

Reaction score
Congrats!

I've got the Trad Plus and Trad Pro and a 20 year old explorer

The Trads are both amazing
There are very minor flaws on both, but there are on every guitar I suspect
The fret work on my old explorer is worse than my new trads, so some modern methods are working:)

Lets see some pics!!:slash:

ecruzgoldtop

Reaction score
Here is some pic I took a while back and then I switched to the tuners to the gibson as opposed to the grovers it came with..I just like the look better..

Attachments

• IMG_20110227_211331.jpg
    IMG_20110227_211331.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20110302_162017.jpg
    IMG_20110302_162017.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20110809_153923.jpg
    IMG_20110809_153923.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 63

ecruzgoldtop

Reaction score
Here is another picture of recently..

Attachments

• IMG_20110809_153944.jpg
    IMG_20110809_153944.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 51

Gibsonrocknroll

Reaction score
They are cheaper in price because the neck and back has a satin finish compared to the fully polished ones. They spend less labor hours polishing the traditional pros thus costing less to produce.

LOSTVENTURE

Reaction score
There is a good chance that you have as much "Les Paul" in that Traditional as you will ever need. Unless you decide to get prettier top, or a chambered body, you already have the real thing.
Plus, if you enjoy the sound and playing comfort of the one you have, keep in mind the old "one in the hand .. two in the bush" saying
Don

ecruzgoldtop

Reaction score
Hey thanks for replying and advice im enjoying it its awemsome I just got my marshall jtm 60 back and it is perfect match with the this amp..Thanks again..

Ob Com

Reaction score
i prefer the trad's to the standards any day, and the satin back and neck and split coils is a fantastic combination.

ecruzgoldtop

Reaction score
Yeah I know what you mean it is a good deal I was just curious if it was The same good quality being that it has all that extra goods and being a little cheaper in price some times its to good to be true..Thanks.

ecruzgoldtop

Reaction score
Thats awesome bro..I really dig it I wouldnt get rid of it for nothing in the wolrd..Yall play safe now..

gtrjunkie

Reaction score
I was kinda wondering the same thing you are about the Traditional Pro being alittle cheaper and a GC/MF exclusive. I bought the Vintage Sunburst and absolutely love it! So much so I want a Honeyburst now too. The satin neck is really nice.

Latest Threads