Les Paul Gibson - Epiphone LP Comparing the 2

g6120

Reaction score
Thought this was a interesting comparison

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTzdcOcpyuE&feature=PlayList&p=D5072516B3B6E6A9&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=3]YouTube - Epiphone Les Paul versus Gibson Les Paul guitar review[/ame]

Akahito

Reaction score
Interesting as the idea may be, a Youtube clip tells you as much of the guitar's actual sound as looking at the guitars' lacquer finish. Not to mention how totally driven the sound is, it tells you pretty much nothing of the guitar's own sound, just how those pickups happen to sound with those settings through that particular amp. There's no comparison between the tone of the guitar unplugged, which tells you much more of the guitar itself than listening to amplified sound. But there's a lot of good pointers and some nifty information in there, for sure.

mr_dreadlocks

Reaction score
Why is it that the Gibson seems cheaper? The Epi seems really raw and solid...

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Why is it that the Gibson seems cheaper? The Epi seems really raw and solid...

cause yous huffin gold paint yo :laugh2:

0721051gold1.jpg

byljer

Reaction score
How can that dork say that "this guitar sounds like a Gibson" when he's using a shitty amp with the "distortion from hell"??? He should know that if you're going to compare guitars you should do it with clean sound.

Useless!

RMC1

Reaction score
Where`s Dennis with that Horse Picture ? :laugh2::naughty:

jon_c

Reaction score
:laugh2::laugh2:

That video always make me laugh. His expression when he notices that the guitar already has Grovers fitted is priceless:laugh2:

Love the upside down truss rod cover.

Other than that, as mentioned, a clean sound should have been used instead of the constant pinch harmonic showboating.

g6120

Reaction score
I don't have a epiphone Les Paul and iv'e not ever played one but I honestly don't think it sounds bad at all on the video . You for the most part get what you pay for but for someone just starting to play and those who just dont want to spend alot of cash its great .

I believe todays mid priced instruments are of higher quality for alot less cash than years in the past and guitar manufacturing in todays market will be looked apon as a golden age of guitar making years from now .

Ive only recently purchased a new gibson es 335 50th anniversary and a Les Paul 1960 reissue after playing gretsch and fenders since the mid 1960s .

Just thought i would share my thoughts with you folks .

djwilbanks

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
dcooper830 has a much better video comparing the two.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqxsm6w7m5o]YouTube - Epiphone Les Paul VS. Gibson Les Paul[/ame]

dennistruckdriver

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Where`s Dennis with that Horse Picture ? :laugh2::naughty:

BeatDeadHorse.gif

I don't even bother to watch 'comparisons' on Youtube. Too many 'steps'....from the amp to the mic, to the computer, then out of the computer to my crappy computer speakers.....waste of time, and proves nothing anyway.
I NEVER see anybody doing these comparisons to prove that a Gibson sounds better than an Epiphone.:rolleyes:

RMC1

Reaction score
:lol::lol::lol: I knew you wouldn`t let me down Dennis :thumb::applause:

WillieG

Reaction score
I actually used that video when a friend of mine told NOT to buy an Epi Les Paul, but I soon realized that there is no way one can compare these two guitars on a youtube video, at least NOT by using an amp with crap distortion. There is only one way to find out the differences, to play both yourself....

dennistruckdriver

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
....There is only one way to find out the differences, to play both yourself....

:thumb:
Videos trying to prove the 'superiority' of an Epiphone over a Gibson is only to justify the video maker's purchase of an Epiphone and a video camera, instead of just a Gibson....:dude:

Latest Threads