"Les Paul Forum"...NOT MLP Forum...?

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
I'm comfortable with the fact that they're too good for me. It seems to be pretty ossified, anyway.

LOL. I'd "thump" to that post all day down by the "River". Just saying. :fingersx:

Jerking off is what you do best, to judge from your posts.

dqoisl_th.jpg

Go with what you know, I say.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
kinda funny, you keep reading, "that place is too slow"

followed by post after post, "tried to join, got ignored."

Hmm,...cause and effect? Effect and cause?

..same here, tried to join,...nothing happened,...wrote email to admin,...nothing happened. No reply.

"f**k you too!" seems to be a prevailing theme upon that experience, judging by this thread.

Deus Vult

Banned
Reaction score
they cant be too selective. they let me join- and that was before I bought a Historic.

RAG7890

Reaction score
I am comfortable on this Forum & have a lot of friends here & people I respect / like, even those that piss me off now & then (& I am sure I have pissed some off too).

This site takes us enough of my time without being a member of both sites. While not perfect, at least we cover all sorts of stuff along with all sorts of Guitars. :thumb: :)

There is more to life than Guitars. :D

:cheers:

Groove Toad

Banned
Reaction score
kinda funny, you keep reading, "that place is too slow"

followed by post after post, "tried to join, got ignored."

Hmm,...cause and effect? Effect and cause?

..same here, tried to join,...nothing happened,...wrote email to admin,...nothing happened. No reply.

"f**k you too!" seems to be a prevailing theme upon that experience, judging by this thread.

they cant be too selective. they let me join- and that was before I bought a Historic.

I snuck in in 2004. I had a paid membership for a year. I had some guy rip me apart for being a public school teacher in their backstage, so I stopped going in there.

Mark C

Reaction score
I snuck in in 2004. I had a paid membership for a year. I had some guy rip me apart for being a public school teacher in their backstage, so stopped going in there.

That's ridiculous.

Strato

Banned
Reaction score
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Old Mark, they said my email address was banned to. I like you have never been to the site.
They must not want any new members...................:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

duck2k

Reaction score
I snuck in in 2004. I had a paid membership for a year. I had some guy rip me apart for being a public school teacher in their backstage, so I stopped going in there.

That's about as effed up as a left handed football bat. Guy must have been a real Richard Cranium!:shock:

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
When their Backstage went to pay to view, the place turned into a ghost town.

Groove Toad

Banned
Reaction score
That's ridiculous.

That's about as effed up as a left handed football bat. Guy must have been a real Richard Cranium!:shock:

He informed me that teachers were the lowest level of college graduates, and couldn't find a real job if they tried. I knew there was no winning with that kind of troll, so I bid my farewells, and left.

TeaForTwo

The Guitar Whisperer
Reaction score

It's your handle, "FennRx." They thought you were a doctor..
After all, four out of five dentists recommend "Historics."

( Snap, maybe you are a doctor :hmm::shock::) ).

Groove Toad

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe I should sign on over there as a fighter jock (F-18's).:laugh2:

That's too pedestrian for them. You'll need to signup as a commercial pilot who flies for UPS. They make more $, and can afford more expensive guitars and amps.

parts

Reaction score
I am a member there..had the same crap with my Yahoo addy...but I was allowed in..
Good informative site..but I rarely post there..

John Vasco

I was with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i've never been to the backstage area of the LPF, so I can't say how similar or dissimilar it is to here.

I'll say this though- they don't tolerate people who refinish guitars and sell them as something they're not. Know what I'm sayin'?:wave:

I used to go in the backstage area there a lot, until it became 'pay-to-view'. There was some strange shit going on in that area sometimes. One time, some member posted up a superb clip of chicken-pickin' country playing and said it was him. Some days later the guy was called out as someone identified it as someone else's playing altogether! Profuse apologies followed by an absolute shitstorm!

And jeez, the polarised political views expressed in the backstage over there made the views on politics expressed here pale in comparison. Around the time of the Iraq invasion it was f*ckin' unbelievable! So much so that I believe it was the political shit-stirring that made the owner/Mods of the forum to change the backstage to a paying area.

There were, of course, the humorous side to the backstage there. One wag, for example, used to write his 'Tales from the Benque Bar' in some strange broke English, which was f*ckin' hilarious - I do miss that. It has changed over the years, but as others have pointed out, it does have excellent information (as does this place) regarding the Les Paul.

Dino Velvet

Reaction score
The Axe House consortium was formed back in the day by disgruntled LPF members. It still exists to this day. Check it out, some of you may like it.

martin H

Reaction score
I'd rather have a 57 GT anyway.

59's are nice, but they're wayyy overhyped/overpriced. (as are the reissues)

End of the day it's still 'just a guitar' not the 2nd coming of Jimi Hendrix.

Heretic!

I hear the sound of the folks from the from the vintage Les Paul section preparing a stake and a pile of oil-soaked wood. Recant now ! Admit your error in profaning the holy '59 burst, and save your immortal soul!

JonMan94

Reaction score
They can rot in hell for all I care.
I can't contact the admin and now don't care.
The mods here can handle anything, why can't they!?
FOOK 'em!

And your further clarify the point that like all forums, we have a share of good members and well... this.

:thumb: good job. Now have a cookie.

Latest Threads