"Les Paul Forum"...NOT MLP Forum...?

jlb32

Reaction score
I've been a member there since 2003. It's a different place and a lot smaller community (slower paced) but IMO still a very good Les Paul site with a lot of knowledgeable information. I haven't really posted much there of late but still visit there from time to time.

duck2k

Reaction score
I'd rather drink turpentine and piss in a brush fire than sign up over there.:shock:

Reaction score
I've been on it for many years. There's not much personality there. I do go there when I want to "search" for something. I feel little desire to ever post or reply there.

jlb32

Reaction score
I've been on it for many years. There's not much personality there. I do go there when I want to "search" for something. I feel little desire to ever post or reply there.

I think a lot feel that way due to it's slow pace. I personally find it ok but a lot of threads on the first page are 1-2 weeks old. Not a place you post wanting quick replies.:D

Mrpete

Reaction score
It was probably because of the email addy you used.

They are sorta fussy on using a real ISP provisional sort of email addys and not generic free ones.

After seeing all of the people claim they got the same thing you did, I figured I was not a member, but when I went back and logged in, I am a member.

I just don't post there, it's not my bag, man.

It's a site for people who are better than most.

They are a bunch of duch bage even with my Comcast email thay would not let me post after I was registered. Emailed them 5 times never heard from the bastards.
They can stick it in there wazoou.

Mrpete

Reaction score
I've been a member there since way before MLP existed. I like it there, those guys really share a TON of knowledge. I've learned a shitload from them. If you don't like it there, simple, don't go back.

How can you go back when they don't even let you in.

TVvoodoo

Reaction score
I'd sure love to tell them about those chinese-made Lester copies... maybe I could save those guys a few bucks on their next purchase.

slapshot

Reaction score
backstage there appears to be private hahah

here:Threads: 263,939, Posts: 5,475,370, Members: 79,312
there:Threads: 156,368, Posts: 2,271,001, Members: 45,862

J-Dizzle

Reaction score
I can't imagine that replicas & MIJs would get a lot of love over there :laugh2:

Deus Vult

Banned
Reaction score
They love to rape a good early 50's LP and try to turn it into a pretend '59, though. :lol:

that amazes me. (Some) people will pay more for a 52 to 59 Burst conversion than for a 1952 Les Paul.:hmm:

then again people pay lots of money for "designer" dogs like labra-doodles and whatnot. Where I'm from, we call those "mutts" and you get them for free at the pound. :laugh2:

HenryHill

Reaction score
I won't join forums that require ISP email addresses. I don't use them and they're a hassle to maintain, setup and use. Their webmail interfaces suck. And if such forums think they're gaining info about my real identity so they ban me more easily, it's futile because I know all the ins and outs about getting around it.

I had already sussed that out. :naughty:

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
that amazes me. (Some) people will pay more for a 52 to 59 Burst conversion than for a 1952 Les Paul.:hmm:

then again people pay lots of money for "designer" dogs like labra-doodles and whatnot. Where I'm from, we call those "mutts" and you get them for free at the pound. :laugh2:

I'd rather have a 57 GT anyway.

59's are nice, but they're wayyy overhyped/overpriced. (as are the reissues)

End of the day it's still 'just a guitar' not the 2nd coming of Jimi Hendrix.

Deus Vult

Banned
Reaction score
I'd rather have a 57 GT anyway.

59's are nice, but they're wayyy overhyped/overpriced. (as are the reissues)

End of the day it's still 'just a guitar' not the 2nd coming of Jimi Hendrix.

i can make em all sound like shite.

If i had my pick, I'd take a nice Burst with more subtle flame (ie JP's #1), but I wouldnt refuse a GT or BB if ya gave me one. :naughty:

Groove Toad

Banned
Reaction score
I just dropped by there. It's the old same place.

A private backstage just isn't any fun. It makes it less likely for someone to flip out on Friday night.

Deus Vult

Banned
Reaction score
I just dropped by there. It's the old same place.

A private backstage just isn't any fun. It makes it less likely for someone to flip out on Friday night.

yep. i popped in and started a thread about my new EP Booster. Probably won't get any responses since I'm one of the few members there that doesn't own a Burst, a 68 Marshall and a vintage Echoplex:laugh2:

Still beats the Gibson Forum though. :laugh2:

Groove Toad

Banned
Reaction score
yep. i popped in and started a thread about my new EP Booster. Probably won't get any responses since I'm one of the few members there that doesn't own a Burst, a 68 Marshall and a vintage Echoplex:laugh2:

Still beats the Gibson Forum though. :laugh2:

The Gibson Forum? I joined that one a long time ago, lost my user name and password, then never went back.

I was also a member of Harmony Central for a brief time in 2000, but got banned for making fun of Korn, Slipknot, and other forms of nu-metal. I made one thread and got booted. Can you imagine getting banned for trolling at that place. :hmm:

Deus Vult

Banned
Reaction score
i'm gonna go see what's happening at the Gibson Forum

NRBQ

Reaction score
I'm signed up there but it's been so long I can't remember my handle or password so I guess I'm not a member there. I stopped going there because there just wasn't much activity or enough members to make it an active place like MLP. MLP has lots of people coming and going and you can post something and expect a reply or activity on a thread on most days. The LP forum you could go back days after posting something and nothings been added to the thread, it was just boring and uneventful.

Red Flametop

Reaction score
Like some others have pointed out, I tried to register over there a few years ago..got the whole "banned" email addy nonsense.

Fine by me...there's some interesting info over there for sure, but if they're going to be THAT stubborn? They can retain their exclusivity, and I'll remain over here.

Latest Threads