"Les Paul Forum"...NOT MLP Forum...?

old mark

Reaction score
Just found a site by that name early this morning, and started to register...got a message that my email address had been banned and that I should contact the admin...

I have never even heard of that site before this morning, and I don't recall being banned from any music site...I usually don't get people that angry on music related sites (not like the political sites, several of which have banned me over the years...)

I did send the admin a message, rather restrained, but telling them I had no further desire to register for their forum. I have been OK without it for all this time, and don't need their acceptance.

"Les Paul Forum", go shit in your hat. :lol:

mark

HenryHill

Reaction score
Just found a site by that name early this morning, and started to register...got a message that my email address had been banned and that I should contact the admin...

I have never even heard of that site before this morning, and I don't recall being banned from any music site...I usually don't get people that angry on music related sites (not like the political sites, several of which have banned me over the years...)

I did send the admin a message, rather restrained, but telling them I had no further desire to register for their forum. I have been OK without it for all this time, and don't need their acceptance.

"Les Paul Forum", go shit in your hat. :lol:

mark

It was probably because of the email addy you used.

They are sorta fussy on using a real ISP provisional sort of email addys and not generic free ones.

After seeing all of the people claim they got the same thing you did, I figured I was not a member, but when I went back and logged in, I am a member.

I just don't post there, it's not my bag, man.

It's a site for people who are better than most.

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
To clarify further on Henry's point. I am an old, long-standing member there. I joined in the days when there was no check/embargo on e-mail addresses. I believe over time they had problems there with members with 'free' e-mail addresses, perhaps multiple IDs, and so it was decided that certain e-mail addresses would not be accepted upon application for membership.

The site has a lot of knowledgeable people on there, particularly with regard to knowledge of '50s Les Pauls. The anoraks on there are no different to the anoraks on here. They just sniff different corks... It also has a lot of ordinary members.

So, it's easy to beat up on a site because it has a strict 'new member' policy, but it's just another guitar site.

rockstar232007

Reaction score
To clarify further on Henry's point. I am an old, long-standing member there. I joined in the days when there was no check/embargo on e-mail addresses. I believe over time they had problems there with members with 'free' e-mail addresses, perhaps multiple IDs, and so it was decided that certain e-mail addresses would not be accepted upon application for membership.

The site has a lot of knowledgeable people on there, particularly with regard to knowledge of '50s Les Pauls. The anoraks on there are no different to the anoraks on here. They just sniff different corks... It also has a lot of ordinary members.

So, it's easy to beat up on a site because it has a strict 'new member' policy, but it's just another guitar site.
No. Not "just another guitar site".

The LPF kind of reminds me of the song 'Signs', but instead of "long-haired, hippy-people need not apply", the lyrics would be "non-corksniffing, newbie-people".

mdubya

Reaction score
Lot's of good reading and info over there. I have learned plenty.

It doesn't win any personality contests though. :)

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried to register too. I have a MSN e-mail that I've been using since 1998. I have no others, nor want any others.
They can rot in hell for all I care.
I can't contact the admin and now don't care.
The mods here can handle anything, why can't they!?
FOOK 'em!

Progrocker111

Reaction score
I am a long time member there. Its very informative forum and full of pros. But on the other side much less topics there too. And sometimes is there too much 50s and 60s Gibsons love and 60s blues too. But i like it there :).

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
I didn't say anyone was a jerkoff. :dunno:
You said people over at the other forum won't win any personality contests. I used the term jerkoff. Kinda the same thing. I'm not trying to pick a fight.

El Kabong

Reaction score
I tried to register too. I have a MSN e-mail that I've been using since 1998. I have no others, nor want any others.
They can rot in hell for all I care.
I can't contact the admin and now don't care.
The mods here can handle anything, why can't they!?
FOOK 'em!

I also tried to register there several months ago (with my own domain's email) and they just ignored it. I sent a couple emails asking what what going on and they ignored those too... so I have to agree with Bigfoot here... FOOK 'em!

All their information is easily accessible with simple Google searches so there is no need to be a member and jump through whatever hoops they feel are necessary to be one of their esteemed members... ownership over there can KMA!

Northwinds

Reaction score
I never felt the need to find out who manufactured the screws that hold a '50s Les Paul pickguard in place. I could care less about those things. A guitar is a tool and a thing of pleasure to me to enjoy and play. I respect that others may care about these things and I think it's great they have a forum for that info just like I am thankful to have a place like MLP where I can find much of the same info and still have a chuckle or two a day

mdubya

Reaction score
You said people over at the other forum won't win any personality contests. I used the term jerkoff. Kinda the same thing. I'm not trying to pick a fight.

The forum itself isn't as colorful as MLP. That is better for some. Not as good for others. ;) It is a much smaller community.

:thumb:

Khank

Banned
Reaction score
I won't join forums that require ISP email addresses. I don't use them and they're a hassle to maintain, setup and use. Their webmail interfaces suck. And if such forums think they're gaining info about my real identity so they ban me more easily, it's futile because I know all the ins and outs about getting around it.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
good information there....but agreed the presentation is dryer then 100 year old va-jay-jay

(and comments like that are why they wouldn't want me there anyway. :D )

Their loss, not mine.

Dino Velvet

Reaction score
I'm a member there since 2002. Back then information was harder to come by. We didn't have fast connections or good search engines. Its changed over the years but has stayed true to its original intention. Most of the active members these days are guitar dealers, collectors and assorted vendors. If you want to post 20 oversize pictures of your NGD LPJ and expect to get kudos, well, that's better done here than there.

duck2k

Reaction score
I refuse to join over there. MLP is a whole lot friendlier and safer.:thumb:

KP

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been waiting for about three years for them to get back to me with why I have a banned email address. Fück em.

freebyrd 69

Reaction score
+1 on the email address thing. I think I tried to join there before joining here, and the same thing happened. I have had the same Hotmail address forever, and have never....and I mean literally NEVER had an issue with joining, shopping, buying, selling etc., with it.

I too tried to email the admin, and like others have said, nothing. Kind of ridiculous if you ask me.

I'm glad though, because it led me to join here, and this place rocks!

Latest Threads