Les Paul ''El Torres'' brand

tcherieleloup

Reaction score
Any of you ever heard of those very nice Les Paul copies. I found one in music store, the owner was asking $250 for it. Was very neglected, with a cracked neck (but very reparable), missing pots, broken nut. I finally got it for $90 and took it to my luthier friend who restored it totally for $150.

That guitar is simply amazing in tone and look, for less than $250.

Anyways... any one of you who have some info to share about El Torres will be welcome.

Udonitron

Psychedelic Stoner Rock
Reaction score
Triple bound fret edge binding, nice!

tcherieleloup

Reaction score
Yeah!! Hard wood mahogany neck and body... my luthier friend (used to work for Liberatore, in Montreal) told me I was really lucky getting that one for so cheap. I was very pleased with the bolt on neck, but honestly, after comparing to my other Les Pauls (including both the genuine Gibson Trad and Custom I own), I think the bolt-on neck adds punch to the tone of that one.

Here are pics of my collection

Attachments

stoopa

Reaction score
Incredible:fingersx:, I bought exactly the same "El Torres" Les Paul White in Montreal in 1979 when I was 16. I still have that guitar (In France).

JMJ

Banned
Reaction score
all that work for a burrito at El Torrito

tcherieleloup

Reaction score
Cool Stoopa!!!! Looks like we're the only 2 lucky guys, on the entire planet, to own that amazing instrument...

By the way, demeure-tu en France maintenant? Moi je suis toujours à Montréal. Enchanté de faire ta connaissance.

tcherieleloup

Reaction score
after all that time, still no one knows about this guitar? I guess it must be a really one of a kind...

williamthechild

Reaction score
Mine came from a local pawnshop here in Ottawa. Owner said the seller originally bought it in Montreal. I assume the shop bought them from a Japanese distributor and had that name put on them. Trying to determine factory origins is pretty close to impossible, unless someone can find a former employee to verify. I imagine there are many more LP guitars that look the same or similar with equally non-descript names. I had mine gone over by a tech. Other than still having a plastic nut and the reemergence of a bulge in the first fret abalone (plastic) fret marker, it’s a lovely guitar - though as time goes on, a bit heavy for my taste. Two slabs of mahogany and not sure what for the top, can do that.

Latest Threads