Les Paul DC p90 quandry

afireinside

Reaction score
Ok so i saw these for $599 on GCs site and took to long to decide and were sold out made calls and was told all were gone system wide. Kept checking online and was able to get a order through on one. The store emailed me and its the last one GC has. The bad is that their is a hairline crack in the body, he is sure its into the wood though dosent look like it in the pic. Says the fret ends are a little rough but not terribly sharp )i can file them myself) no paperwork (was tossed w the box) but has the gigbag. Sold it to me as is no returns for $500 shipped OTD. Wont be out till monday now. Whats your take? Makes me nervous about the possible crack. Would it be under Gibson warranty?

Attachments

ARandall

Reaction score
Hmmmm

This looks just like some of the SG neck breaks, where the neck joint to the body is the place rather than the headstock. I bought a similar instrument very cheaply even with the repair done almost invisibly.

So it would need to be 1/2 price compared to regular ones....especially given it also has work required on the frets to make it to the standard that guitars should go out the door in.. The fact that you're saying they won't accept returns on it is not good either. They know something is inherently wrong with it, and they can't return it to Gibson.......and are hoping to offload it permanently.

afireinside

Reaction score
Yeah thats my worry...... i think these were $900 new but kept dropping in price over the years but last price was $550/599. So this is like $470ish + tax so cheap but not overly. I just want to hope the tech is dumb and its not as bad as they are saying

Cjsinla

Reaction score
Does look like a crack, most likely not covered under warranty.

dc007

Premium Member
Reaction score
You bought it....make the best of it....hopefully it will be a good one

afireinside

Reaction score
Well i can still cancel it. It wont ship out untill Monday. A label hasent been created yet. I sent him a email canceling it already dont want to risk it

afireinside

Reaction score
Thanks all i really dident want it, dont love faded finishes, I have a perfect p90 epiphone (posted above) i was just gassing due to the low price (if it werent damaged it would be good) the damage and your sway has made me come to my senses. So just waiting to hear if he say my email cancelation before it was shipped off Monday.

Thanks for the input all!

TattooedCarrot

Ferro Picta Carota
Reaction score
It's a little late to be asking opinions at this point. But I wouldn't buy it, These are a dime a dozen. They're literally all over Reverb. Just because GC was out doesn't mean they're not available.

Latest Threads