Les Paul Custom with Axcess body

Ramone

Reaction score
Hi, everybody! I'm new here, glad to become a part of the best LP forum:thumb: Since Gibson started production of Axcess model, I've been dreaming of getting one someday (non-Floyd version). I know there are couple of people here, who has Les Paul Custom with an Axcess body. Some threads say that Les Paul Axcess Standard sounds different from regular Standard. I guess, so is the Custom. Is there much of a difference or is it subtle? Please, post pictures of your Axcess guitars. Thank you:)

geetarjonny

Reaction score
Hi, everybody! I'm new here, glad to become a part of the best LP forum:thumb: Since Gibson started production of Axcess model, I've been dreaming of getting one someday (non-Floyd version). I know there are couple of people here, who has Les Paul Custom with an Axcess body. Some threads say that Les Paul Axcess Standard sounds different from regular Standard. I guess, so is the Custom. Is there much of a difference or is it subtle? Please, post pictures of your Axcess guitars. Thank you:)

I would put my pictures up but I don't have access at the moment....:hmm:

carydad

Reaction score
I have 3, and a lifeson on the way. The three i have are stop tail, two of those are customs. One a natural, as seen on the wildwood site.

Wildwood Guitars | Gibson | Les Paul Axcess Standard

The other is a black one. I'd say all three sound a little different. The iced tea sounds pretty much just like the R9 I had. Just lighter and more comfortable. Not sure if gibby has changed how much wood they pull out or not, but it seems more solid, heavy and thicker sounding than either custom. All guitars sound great, just that the iced tea is a little warmer-and I've switched pups etc between guitars.

There are a few other colors running around out there, I think a tri-burst at least. Took me 6 months to get the black one from gibby, special order. The natural one-they did a run of them. One usually hanging around ebay as well.

Difference-I would call it subtle. They all sound like LPs. The ebony board might make it a little more cutting-in a good way. Just love the look of the custom. I can't say which one is my #1, since it really changes week to week. Iced tea this week, since i put a new set of sheps in it. Black custom the last few weeks, and the natural the few weeks before that.

Ramone

Reaction score
Carydad, thank you very much.
I was really hoping to hear that they still sound like Les Paul. That natural axcess looks killer. How about showing your black axcess customs? I'd really appreciate that, because they are really rare and nobody wants to show them:)

Geetarjonny, waiting for your pics too:slash:

Latest Threads