Les Paul Custom Truss Rod Covers

LPObsessed

Reaction score
Hi everyone. New user, first time poster. :wave:

I'll be posting some pictures of my Les Paul's soon but I did have a question I was trying to solve to get my latest in proper condition.

I recently bought an 86 Custom. It came with a blank Truss Rod Cover. I'd like to get the proper Les Paul Custom engraved truss rod cover that should be on there. Unfortunately in looking for these I've seen lots of differences and can't tell which one is period correct. I've seen what look like differences in the scripts/font/spacing.

I know this doesn't really matter, but I'd like to find the right one.

Can anyone help me figure out the correct one?
Better yet does anyone have one from the mid 80's they are willing to sell?

I'm looking forward to interacting with everyone. I've seen so many beautiful Les Pauls already and I just started browsing.

Thanks!

HardCore Troubadour

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
put a WTB ad in the classifieds for a period correct one...will probably cost you though........there are some venders here that can hook you up with an after-market that will look period correct......will probably cost you though.

I have always though folks wanted too much for those little pieces of plastic, myself.

we have a rule here, no photos, no LPC.

pics or it didn't happen.......and WELCOME BRO!!

LPObsessed

Reaction score
Thanks for the WTB suggestion! I will be sure to do that.

I've seen some non-correct piece go very high on ebay. I am looking for a reasonable price since it's just a piece of plastic. Reasonable is a relative term. I'm not expecting super cheap but a new OEM one is not that expensive so I'm still trying to figure out what I think it's worth to me.

This is why I'm trying to figure out what it looks like. I also don't want to pay a lot for the wrong one. I'm not sure the new OEM would be a good option or if it looks like it should so thats part of what I'm trying to find out too.

I know this doesn't matter and playing it is what should matter most. It plays like a dream. I was never fully sure I would embrace a custom for the price vs standard but I must admit I am loving it very much and don't think I'll be letting this one go.

I promise I will get pics up soon. Right now I've got this newest one stripped apart for cleaning, then off to a luthier for a little fret work. I get what you mean about PICS or it doesn't exists.

Latest Threads