Les Paul Classic Love: Show It Off

Christosterone

Premium Member
Reaction score
I am in love with GibsonKramer's 2017 GoldTop and LoveHiFi's 2017 surf green...

But I love all classics...it's my favorite model...
And can't wait to add a 2017 at some point..

So for all those with a classic, let's see em and hear about the specs/mods!!

Here is my plaintop 2007 heritage cherryburst 496r/500t
The only mods are nickel covers and a vibramated Bigsby...
Other than that she's all stock

Last edited by a moderator:

niner

Reaction score
Beautiful!!!

This site has lit a burning firey love for zebras...

Are those 57 classics?

-Chris
Yep, the 2016 line up came with 57s and the guitar is completely stock.. except the strings :D

I tried a Traditional but didn't bond with the chubby neck and liked more the uncovered pickups of the Classic. :)

Christosterone

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep, the 2016 line up came with 57s and the guitar is completely stock.. except the strings :D

I tried a Traditional but didn't bond with the chubby neck and liked more the uncovered pickups of the Classic. :)
I am OCD about pickup covers except zebras...they are the coolest looking pickups on earth...

And 57 classics are SOOOOO good....I don't know how they do it but for whatever reason, year after year, classics remain the best guitar(especially value) in the Gibson line in my opinion...

I have some very expensive guitars that get 1/100th of play compared to my 07 plaintop...something about them is so excellent...can't really say exactly why other than every one I play feels so good...
They need set up but for the price I don't mind the extra $80-$100 because properly setup they rule

And can only imagine having 57 zebras...wow, it would live in my hands...

Have u seen LoveHiFi's surf green and gibsonKramer's goldtop classics with exposed zebras...

They are epic..

Anyhow, long live the plaintop classic!!!

Did urs come with the speed knobs?

And I LOVE the white pickup selector tip....very cool!!!

-Chris

JM2112

Reaction score
The Classic is my favorite Gibson USA LP model, and while this is not the Classic you were expecting it's still a Classic model. My 2011 Classic Custom, Classic '57 pick ups, sixties style neck, traditional weight relief, and the sometimes vilified torrefied maple fret board.

I just finished putting on a new set of strings, so, it's sounding as good as it can which is darn awesome. I know I rave about Norlin LP's, but this is one heck of a nice guitar and like my Norlin LP's there's just no way I'm going to part with it. This thing just rocks!!! :thumb: :dude:

Lepard

Reaction score
2000 LP Classic Premium Plus and 2012 LP Classic Plus

JM2112

Reaction score
Lepard, the top and that wine red on your Classic is killer!!! :wow: :thumb:

rockstar232007

Reaction score
I'm in the process of getting some better, more recent pics of mine.

Changed out the MOP inlays for some CN, and, dare I say it...TOP-WRAPPED!:Ohno:

RustyNuts

Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's one of mine, a 2016 HCSB. Pretty much stock at the moment.

Donal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Member
Reaction score
My Classic has become my number 1 player over the past few months.

Weight, playability, sounds, etc. just fit my needs perfectly. :thumb:

I even like the uncovered black pickups on it, which would normally not be my typical taste.

Static

Reaction score
I always jump on these LP Classic threads!

Mine's a 2008 bought new. When I look at this picture now I can't believe how red it looks - in 8 years it has mellowed substantially, much more brownish-red now.

I replaced the pickguard day one - I don't like the '1960'. Replaced the strap buttons with straplocks day two and have not made any other mods. It is my main axe and I love it!

There you have it.

StephenP

Reaction score
My '00 in action. I acquired it in '05 and used it as my main ever since. The Dimarzios were a short lived experiment...

Attachments

bocage44

Premium Member
Reaction score
Me with my 1997 Classic Plus

2007 Guitar of Week #14 - Classic Antique

BWOTW

Reaction score
I used to have this beautiful 2000 plaintop. Was to heavy for me to keep, unfortunately

I love the Classic specs, how they used to have sharp inlays (though the color got very weird later on), thinner neck binding, inked serial... It totally made the look.

After going through some more LPs, now I've settled on a chambered Standard Faded that gives me everything I need in a singlecut. But I still miss the looks of this one sometimes

Latest Threads