Les Paul Classic 2007 Bound Headstock model.

p90rules

Reaction score
So I've been offered one of these in a potential trade. It has Classic 57 pickups.
Could anyone comment, advise on quality /popularity as I know very little about them.
No pictures yet but it is a 'really nice plain top' in cherry sunburst.
Cheers guys

MSB

Reaction score
they were special runs, GOTW maybe?

the bound headstock was sharp.

1all's Pub

Reaction score
3D96C159-E232-4F4D-9F25-BDA437D1DFAA.jpeg
A Classic Custom maybe? I used to have a black & gold one (from 2007), it was a cool guitar. Bound headstock, ebony fretboard, fully chambered body. Regret selling it.

MrWrong

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you're refering to a 'Classic Antique' basically a classic with bound. Headstock, no pickguard, '57 pickups. Has regular USA serial number rather than ink stamped. I have a honey burst, pictured below on the left with my regular Classic.

Classic Antique headstock on the right.

Last edited:

p90rules

Reaction score
Cheers guys... I'll get some pics later... Not 100 % sure about the headstock layout though

p90rules

Reaction score
Thanks guys... FYI I'm thinking of taking this in a trade for my rarely used R8. I'm just wanting to scale down a bit as I'm a Strat player, but still want a LP to hand for certain songs .
From what I'm reading I should be pretty happy with this, especially as I'm more used to slimmer necks.

Razzle

Reaction score
Do these bound classics have the same thin neck as the other Classics?

Thunder Dump

That tickles
Reaction score
Yes Classic Antiques have the slim 60s neck. They are also chambered. Great guitars.

jkes01

Reaction score
Mostly yes. Mine has that slim 60s neck . . .

View attachment 418713

View attachment 418714
I have this one as well.

Check here for all the models offered.

Slick Willy

Reaction score
Sounds like you're refering to a 'Classic Antique' basically a classic with bound. Headstock, no pickguard, '57 pickups. Has regular USA serial number rather than ink stamped. I have a honey burst, pictured below on the left with my regular Classic.

Classic Antique headstock on the right.
What model is the one on the left. I’ve never seen that script on a Les Paul? Could you post more pics for me? It looks killer!

MrWrong

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
What model is the one on the left. I’ve never seen that script on a Les Paul? Could you post more pics for me? It looks killer!

It is a 2007 GOTW #33 CLASSIC ANTIQUE, mahogany top and body 57 pups, and has the pre-war Gibson script logo (as was on the accoustic guitars) it's a fine nice playing guitar.

moreles

Reaction score
So the headstock has the beautiful multi-ply Custom binding, but the body still has the cheesy single ply punky-beige (I mean "creme") binding? That makes for a nice headstock that doesn't really match the body. I wonder why Gibson went only partway?

Christosterone

Premium Member
Reaction score
So I've been offered one of these in a potential trade. It has Classic 57 pickups.
Could anyone comment, advise on quality /popularity as I know very little about them.
No pictures yet but it is a 'really nice plain top' in cherry sunburst.
Cheers guys
my number one is an 07 classic...

as said, the one ur looking into was a special run for gc and I wanted it...Wish I had gotten but am SOOO happy with my 496/500 model...

Anyhow, the 07 classics are bananas...
I have some fairly cool guitars but my stock 07 remains the [guitar] love of my life....
Given to me by the actual love of my life 13 years ago...

-Chris

Adamc

Reaction score
I got my 07 classic antique about a year ago. I happen to be in guitar center and it was hanging in the used section. Saw the bound headstock, I played it and immediately wanted it. Went back the next week, it was still there and I had to get it. It’s been my favorite ever since

RocketKing

Reaction score
I also remember the spec being 60s slim taper neck and chambered body. Nice guitars