Les Paul book "In His Own Words"

Texas07R8

Reaction score
Do any of you here on MLP own or have seen the limited edition hardback book- "Les Paul- In His Own Words". It's an amazing autobiography of Les Paul's life. Loads of pictures and a great story.

The forward is written by Paul McCartney. I've heard of the book but never saw one in person. I did today. Amazing..... I understand that there are only 1500 copies worldwide of the hardback collectors version that's almost 400 pages. Every one of those 1500 are hand autographed by Les Paul personally and hand numbered. I believe there is a softback version for around $60.

I tried a few searches here for any info but didn't find anything. Just wondering who's seen it and how many of you have either the hardback or the paperback version. I don't know for sure but the paperback may still be available. I suspect the hardbacks are pretty scarce.

Les Paul is an amazing man, the story and photos of the book are a journey back in time through Les Paul's incredible life story. I'd say if you own BOTB you should/must get this book.

I saw Les Pauls types that I've never seen before and there are a few perfect photos of the first burst, a 51 burst Les Paul prototype Ted delivered to Les that had with Bigsby tremolo.

I did a Google search and found the hardback at MF but it is no longer available (I'm sure they've all sold out, but you can see pics of the hardback book and the special box it comes in, here's the link to the MF listing of the book:

Buy Cochran Les Paul - In His Own Words Book online at Musician's Friend

Texas07R8

Reaction score
Hey Deftone, it is very cool. Near the front of the book is that black and white photo of Les Paul and Paul McCartney holding that black Custom Lite with the headstock facing the camera and the two looking down the barrel with both of them ooohing over the guitar. The book blew me away and I'm now the new proud owner of a hand signed hardback copy.

korby

Reaction score
I havent seen it but did you know his real name is Lester William Polsfuss . That would look real odd on the headstock .

Texas07R8

Reaction score
I did know that's his real name. And yea, could you imagine saying I have a Gibson R9 Lester Polsfuss? I just can't imagine that.

In the book, it shows two gold top Les Paul mini guitars that Gibson made for Les. They sure are weird looking. He asked Gibson to make those mini single scale guitars for him because of a song he recorded that he sped up on playback to raise the pitch for the sound he wanted and in order to do that on stage he required the short guitar with its higher pitch. There is tons of info like that in the book plus there's at least a dozen or two Les Paul models I have never seen before.

Latest Threads