Les Paul 12-String

GrandJunction

Reaction score
In my almost never-ending search for new and 'different' guitars, I have suddenly delveloped an interest in a Les Paul 12-string. (I had the opportunity to pick up a goldtop version a few years back, but never pulled the trigger.) It appears as though there has not been a discussion on these for over a decade, so I thought that I would try to see if there were any updated experiences, observations, thoughts or comments.

Thanks!

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
E20E4E6B-75AB-412D-9547-DB62838B7246.jpeg

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been down the rabbit hole looking for a les paul 12
It was an absolute blast…

BKS

Reaction score
Looks weird....I love it. Happy with my carvin 12 string electric tho.

Bend'n'Slide

Reaction score
I’ve been down the rabbit hole looking for a les paul 12
It was an absolute blast…

Damn… I remember this!!

If only because I also remember thinking (and saying!) at the time that only you would put a f***ing Bigsby on a f***ng 12-string…!!!

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn… I remember this!!

If only because I also remember thinking (and saying!) at the time that only you would put a f***ing Bigsby on a f***ng 12-string…!!!

im shopping luthiers right now as I want a double neck les paul..Gibson wouldn’t make it for me…
anyhow, I want an eds but a carved top lester…with custom split diamond multi ply headstocks on both…it’s gonna be bananas…and, yes, it will Have 6 pups and 2 bigsbies lol

i think I’ve found the guy who made me a beautiful les paul as a dry run…

but It’s a long project and I’m still in the infant stages…I’ve only just stained the test one and pore filled it…gotta start the nitro when it gets a bit less humid in texas

Bend'n'Slide

Reaction score
You lunatic mad scientist you…

Once again, that sounds absolutely batsh*t crazy… but strangely fabulous all at the same time. I look forward to the inevitable thread on this one!

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You lunatic mad scientist you…

Once again, that sounds absolutely batsh*t crazy… but strangely fabulous all at the same time. I look forward to the inevitable thread on this one!

i think the double neck will be next year if I’m lucky…
im really slow as I don’t know what the heck I’m doing with wood

shark

Reaction score
I offer trogly 2500 for the LP 12 just bec its a goldtop but that 5000 hes lookin for is IMO just stupid.

Its pretty much a novelty item Gibson LP.

integra evan

Reaction score
I love how 12 strings sound, but I would never play it enough to justify getting one haha.
There have been a few times I almost took home a cheap 12 string acoustic, but even stopped then.

Latest Threads