Lenny Kravitz playing a R7 at GC NYC

bosnialove

Reaction score
The finish on that 'goldtop' is so ugly. It looks more like a greentop. I.m.o.

Rodolphe

Reaction score
i think it comes from the camera, lights and post prod filters.

RAG7890

Reaction score
Forget the Guitar guys & just listen to some great Music History here. Lenny knows what he is talking about & the man Can play. :)

FWIW, I did not even look at the finish of that R7.............I mean who really cares what it looks like. :shock: :laugh2:

If I could play like Lenny, I'd even be happy to strut around with an Iguana Green Les Paul. :D

:cheers:

Matt_21

Reaction score
He seems like a pretty cool cat.
And he can play too. I think he gets over looked a lot but he can wail. Thanks for posting that.

Faceman

Reaction score
I've been watching Lenny's set from the iTunes festival from last week and it's a killer show. Lots of funk mixed in with killer tones and vintage gear. Lenny can play with some soul for sure and I agree that he is the real deal - just spreading some good vibes through music.

Craig Ross is also a great player and the always-funky Cindy Blackman on drums just puts it over the top. His new album has some good cuts on it too.

frankv

I have a new love.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Lenny comes from Brooklyn NY... I come from Brooklyn New York... Lenny plays in front of millions.. I play in front of my Amp... Kinda depressing... Happy Sunday.

FUS44

Reaction score
I am huge Lenny Kravitz fan. He got a lot a flack but his records and live shows kick ass. Anyone who says rock is dead needs to see Lenny for some inspiration.
We used to do a medley of Lenny's "Fields of Joy" and "Walkin' Dead(?)" by Concrete Blonde.
The slow "fields", the CB song, and then the heavy "fields" reprise.

Thanks for posting. That R7 sounds great, although the player likely has something to do with it.

Rodolphe

Reaction score
I was a huge fan when I was in my 20s.
He has not relesaed a real good album since 5, and a real good r'n'roll album till "circus", but his show still kick asses. on top of that, his guitar mate Craig Ross is a great classic rock player, a bit like Marc Ford. if he comes near to your place, it's a good show to see.
I hpe one day he'll come back to his early records ' production (all on tapes without any protools) and inspiration.

his early records/shows were (with the black crowes) the only in which you could hear true vintage vibes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSe6uwKTkpw

Marshallow

Reaction score
Lenny's great but this new album, Strut, is a collection of moronic songs. Maybe he should have slept a bit more on it or given it to Katy Perry.
There was one really groovy tune on the previous album called Superlove. I still can't play that bassline properly.
Always On The Run is still my favorite song, I wish he'd partner with Slash for a full album.

Stoj

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing - Very cool :cheers:

dave999z

Reaction score
What's with the brand new looking JCM 2000 half stack? Guess they keep a few sitting around for stuff like this.

Rodmac

Reaction score
Lenny is kick ass. A true afficianado of classic vintage gear, as is Craig Ross who is a criminally underated guitar meister, and great foil for lenny.

Is this a monster lineup for a 4 piece or what !!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6uN1XIDaTY&noredirect=1]Lenny Kravitz - The Chamber[/ame]

Latest Threads