Lemme tell ya, the Mach E GT guys are PISSED!

Olds442

Reaction score
so i've been a pokin around in the mach e forums. nice guys, really. way more polite than us. :D

they've begun getting the GT's and the Performance Edition GT's delivered and tracking them. they are barely hitting the 0-60 claims Ford has stated, and the regular "GT" is essentially as fast on the track as the "Performance Edition" which is $7k more.

but the big thing, is the 1/4 speeds. a bit lower top speed than anyone would have guessed. they basically tail off around 80mph, and aren't holding the juice much at higher speed.

so today thedrive picked up on it.

maybe ford does something, maybe not. but it was an interesting week or so over there. again, nice crowd, just a bit miffed at big F right now.

Last edited:

Who

Well respected man about town
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you start this many Les Paul threads in the Ford forums?

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Just kidding. I enjoy reading about all the different interests of people here.

Although..... an electric car thread-merge would be nice.

And a “rocket ship” merge while we’re at it. :h5:

scott1970

Reaction score
Are you still getting one? I can’t say the complaints would bother me if I wanted one.

I’m also reading complaints from buyers of the new Ford Bronco concerning lots of leaks from the roof and doors. I got to see a new Badlands edition at a Ford dealership Wednesday. Sharp vehicle, but I dig the Wrangler much more. I was at the dealership returning one of our new Explorer police cars. It just had its first oil change and quit running shortly afterwards. Turns out all the oil had leaked out because the oil changing business we use failed to tighten the new oil filter. Oops.

wildhawk1

Reaction score
Find it interesting that for vehicles that are supposedly in the forefront of the go green movement their tire shredding capabilities are such a big focus to some people.

I don't blame buyers for being upset if the published acceleration times don't match real word but reality is these are going to be drive to work and Walmart vehicles like all the rest. Very few are actually going to visit a drag strip.

A zero to sixty or quarter mile time has never factored in to my purchases and I'm sure the overwhelming majority of buyers could care less.

wildhawk1

Reaction score
Are you still getting one? I can’t say the complaints would bother me if I wanted one.

I’m also reading complaints from buyers of the new Ford Bronco concerning lots of leaks from the roof and doors. I got to see a new Badlands edition at a Ford dealership Wednesday. Sharp vehicle, but I dig the Wrangler much more. I was at the dealership returning one of our new Explorer police cars. It just had its first oil change and quit running shortly afterwards. Turns out all the oil had leaked out because the oil changing business we use failed to tighten the new oil filter. Oops.

fry

Reaction score

Effin’ Ford. They’ve only been around 118 years, can’t seem to work the kinks out. I think they are an embarrassment to the industry.

sonar1

Reaction score
Jeez. Production car gets into the 12’s on the 1/4 mile.
Shame shame.
I’m old enough to remember when the HD Sportster in 1957 got 12’s and was considered King Kong.

Latest Threads