Lehle Little Dual £140 ($216) VS Voodoo Lab Amp Selector £120 ($185)...

sidepartings26

Reaction score
Hey everyone

Currently I have two amps (1987X, Twin Reverb) and have been meaning to get an ABY for absolutely ages.

I was totally sold on the Lehle Dual. However, I have also been meaning to get a tiny terror + cab too which would take me up to three amps.

It is unlikely that I would gig with all three! But it would be cool to mess around at home with them all. Also, of course the Voodoo Lab pedal has 2 extra outs (& a tuner out) for various routing options (e.g. 1 out to the twin, 2 to the high treble 1987x input, 3 to the normal 1987x input) or effects routing options I suppose.

I also looked at the Lehle Dual SGos but the manual says of the 3rd output (T):

"This is the output for an instrument tuner or a third amp. This output is not
electrically isolated from B! A hum loop may occur as a result of the ground
connection between Output B and T if Output T is used for an amplifier. A
transformer for electrical isolation (e.g., the Lehle P-Split) can be interposed to eliminate the hum loop" - So the total cost of adding the P-Split would be insane!

My point is that I can't help be snobby the way I think about Lehle. They seem classier and the pros etc seem to use them.

Is the voodoo lab pedal better value for money and comparable quality wise (particularly RE the transformers i.e. transparency) even though the outputs might be [desirable] spares?

Would appreciate opinions!

sidepartings26

Reaction score
Ha ha well 28 views no replies; guess my pretentious picture is putting everyone off!!

Ricochet

Reaction score
Not many people using ABY pedals I suppose. And even fewer who can offer opinions with some hands-on experience of the both.

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
Not many people using ABY pedals I suppose. And even fewer who can offer opinions with some hands-on experience of the both.
quite true...I've only used one because a friend of mine uses a studio that has one in their collection. Worked as advertised but running that many amps would be confusing as hell to me to try and work on stage. I have enough problems remembering to turn off the dirt pedals.

sidepartings26

Reaction score
Yo, for anyone interested in this thread I had a PM from badhabit after I found this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmourjunkie
Thanks but which one? There are like a bunch of them... P splitter, little Lehle, etc.
Originally Posted by badhabit
The Little Dual should due the job.Lehle Gitarrentechnik PURE SOUND - NO NOISE - MORE TONE
I also liked the Voodoo Lab Amp Switcher. I actually liked it better than the Lehle.Voodoo Lab - Amp Selector

badhabit told me:

The reason I preferred the Voodoo, was that there was no bleed thru in the tone to the muted amp, and there are more switching options. With the Lehle, say I had it on amp A. I could still hear some signal leaking to amp B even if amp A wasn't even on.

SonicBoom

Reaction score
I went back and forth on amp switchers for weeks before I finally pulled the trigger. I have three amps that I wanted to run in a left, center, right config. I picked up the VL off of Craigslist and can honestly say that it is the better deal in terms of money and features.

In a 3 amp rig ground loops will be a problem; the VL can isolate each output independently. Quiet switching, independent level controls and the two inputs can be used to switch a stereo signal to banks of amps. Five year warranty, too.

The only downside is that it has a larger footprint. This doesn't bother me since I would never play out with a 3-way setup.

sidepartings26

Reaction score
I have not been on MLP for a while. I have been using the Voodoo Lab amp selector for a few months now. I thought I would post that it's awsome incase anyone thread searches this topic. I use it to split the plexi into 2 channels and then the twin reverb as the third. You can select how the switch for each amp works (e.g. if it comes on the rest go off, or one is always on, or you can set exclusive groups so if you switch one on another one comes on with it) - it's brilliant.

The ground loop switch for each channel works so well too all there is is silence when not playing anything, unbelievable. It doesn't alter the tone AT ALL and I am really OCD picky about that so I would notice. All in all, perfect. If you're thinking about it do it. I got mine for £70 used like new when a Lehle Little Dual is something like £149 with half the functionality. :)

Latest Threads