Lefty Plays Righty Question

Beerad

Reaction score
The guy is left handed, but he plays with the string positions reversed. (Think Albert King, Dick Dale) :jam:
I’m a left handed player, but only because I have cut off fingers on my left hand. I know that trying out a perfect guitar is really hard. I bought a 2010 studio, and modified it. It’s all hard wired, upgraded components, and insulated around them, and also insulted wiring. Works great, but it was a lot of work. I wish I could play right handed. Repainting it from white to tobacco burst/ with design on edge

DaveSG

Reaction score
I am a lefty player, and have a few righties strung up as lefties...basically the same effect you are trying to accomplish - you want to buy a left handed guitar, but then reverse the strings so that the bass string is on the bottom, high E is on the top, but make sure it can still intonate, yes?

In all my years of flipping righties to lefties (basically intonating a guitar with a reverse-pitched bridge) I've been able to get away with it, but have a harder time with guitars equipped w/ ABR bridges (less travel) and especially import ABRs (saddles seem thick), but it has always worked out okay for me. I say give it a go.

mjross

Reaction score
Not sure you can see it in this pic but here’s just a few of my lefty Les Pauls. Notice the string orientation, lefty strung righty! Works fine on every Les Paul I currently own!

Latest Threads