Lefty 50's Epi Goldtops Arrive.

ucsteve

Reaction score
I fricken love my 50s goldtop. I kinda ignored it for the 1st couple of months, got it in May. I was pre occupied with some other guitars at the time. I finally just got around to taking it out a bout 2 weeks ago and im really starting to get to know it. When I got it, I also bought some new Seymour DUncan Seth Lovers I wanted to try, so I had them put in the goldtop, and threw those pro buckers in my 02 LP. One of the reasons I was pre occupied for that was a nice upgrade from the MIK stock p/u's that came with the 02, so that guitar was pretty much in my hands more often than not. But now that Im really starting to know the orig 50s, I dont see me needing any more LP's for a long time. It would have to be a stupid deal on a gibson of sorts to even bother. The Seths are killer. Pretty nice gun all around, especially after ditchin the klussen style tuners for locking grovers. You should enjoy that guitar

Dino Velvet

Reaction score
Mine arrived from Sweetwater and I must say they did a good job, setup was spot on, I just lowered the bridge a hair. The neck is surprisingly fat and round, that’s the major selling point to me. Someone spent time on the nut slots, they were perfect. It’s been 20 years since I bought a new Epi LP and I must say this is a huge improvement. I like my LP’s in 8.8 lb range , because that’s what I’m used to. I bought the lightest one they had on that day, at 8 lbs 10 oz. they seem to run 8.5-9.5 lbs. QC seems to be hit and miss, my friend got his the same day and the knobs were falling off. The days of you getting a lefty Japan LP in the door for $599 are long gone. So at $599 I think these are a great deal. Interesting that Sweetwater seems to be the only one with any real inventory In the USA.

Lefty Adams

Reaction score
Good to hear Dino, I am looking to get the same thing, thanks for highlighting.

Latest Threads