Lee Roy Parnell 59 Les Paul Standard

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
New Signature. I really liked the GoldTop. Not sure about this. Fade, meh. V shaped flame, eh.

Under wound 57 Classics.....Abeline Sunset Fade

Last edited:

mudface

Non-Deadbeat/Non-Prominent
Double Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of those FADES..... or the reverse chevron flame..... though i do like the shallow pickup routes like the Parnell R7s.... Why? .... i don't know. I just think it's cool.... easy to identify.

PeteNJ75

Reaction score
I have to admit I hate these fades too. I want to see an actual burst. I don’t mind a little extra fade in the area where your arm rests on the top, but not having any color on the entire back of the guitar just doesn’t make sense to me, and I haven’t seen too many actual bursts with that pattern, so where did this even come from?

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Reaction score
Yeah not really in my bag either. I'm sure there's plenty of people that it will appeal to though

Reaction score
That particular one is pretty ugly IMO. Looks like something they'd put in their "modern" lineup. The chevron with that fade just looks sort of ridiculous.

Also, I think this is the first time I've heard of "underwound 57 classic's". I always thought 57's were pretty crap, and I can't understand why someone would want a pair of underwound ones.

jlb32

Reaction score
Not sure where Gibson came up with these fade bursts? They look horrible IMO.

Why would a burst be dark/natural color at the top bout but completely fade out to nothing at the middle and bottom of the guitar? Just does not look like any natural/aged paint faded guitar I've ever seen.

Guitars do not just fade at the bottom of the guitar. Looks stupid IMO and on a signature model?? When did Lee Roy Parnell ever play a guitar with that look, other than this Gibson Sig.?

mudface

Non-Deadbeat/Non-Prominent
Double Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nope,... don't like these fades..... never did. I think it's because the color is too dark to start with. There are some nice tops that have been ruined by this and i have "liked" a few NGD threads that have this fade only because those tops were awesome and i won't knock someone's choice of color. If they like it then that's all that matters. :cheers:

But for this particular instrument (the OP pic not owned by anyone here)........ looks like how the English would say:
"the neck was stuck up someone's bloody ass!!"........ Just my opinion and it's not worth the lint in my pocket.;)

Last edited:

Uncle Vinnie

Premium Member
Reaction score
Put three rockers on it and a star in the middle and call it the Sergeant Major '59 Les Paul Standard.

Enough with the gimmickry.

indeedido

Reaction score
Sorry guys I disagree, when done right the fades absolutely look KILLER. This is Slow Iced Tea Fade

I like the fades too. I've seen original LPs that have faded away at the bottom. I can't explain why that happens but that's another topic. I dig it.

PauloQS

Reaction score
Yeah, I’m not a fan of these fades either. Last year they ruined a perfectly good bourbon burst by making it a fade. To each their own, but I prefer the regular bursts. Some people like it, so it’s cool that they have a few options for those who do like it. Just leave my Bourbon burst out of it :)