Led Zeppelin 2016-17: Jimmy page, John Paul Jones, Jason Bonham, Axl Rose

sk8rat

Reaction score
Psych!

saw guns and roses last night. alice in chains opened and it was basically as if they were some local no name band when they were playing. the stadium was probably about 1/3rd full and everyone was just walking around and talking.

g n' r came on around 9 and finished at 11:30. they played well and axl rose was hitting those high notes with ease.

the bad:

it was way too loud. I like loud concerts but the vocals and guitar would get lost in all the noise and the bass was almost unnoticeable the whole concert.

they didn't play my michelle which is the one song I was hoping they would play.

slash messed up on the outro solo of november rain pretty bad and didn't really recover for the rest of the song. not sure if his guitar was out of tune but it sounded like it was.

still overall good show.

Maynar

You reached for the secret too soon
Reaction score
Why, you punk! :lol:

Donal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you still had a good evening :thumb:

I really hope they do a European Tour next year :slash:

Havn't seen them in 25 years :shock:

sk8rat

Reaction score
Why, you punk! :lol:
:D

I was hoping they would play some zeppelin last night but they did do a pink floyd song. they did a guitar duet of time that was really cool.

sk8rat

Reaction score
Glad you still had a good evening :thumb:

I really hope they do a European Tour next year :slash:

Havn't seen them in 25 years :shock:
I wont be surprised it they announce a European tour soon since the n/a tour is more than halfway over.

two of my friends are huge gn'r fans but had never seen them so they weren't going to miss it for anything. one of them ended up crashing his dirt bike last week and was in a neck brace but still went :laugh2:

JTM45

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy hell man! I thought I was having a nightmare.

Glad you had a great time, I've been hearing a lot of good reviews on the G&R tour

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE BAD ASS
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oops, came out wrong. Skip it

Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles loves you. Mwah! ♥
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
WTF still wants to see/hear these old baggy buzzards? Viva La 1976, THE END.
Let it die.

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this like the "likes" are back again?

MikeyTheCat

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
GnR has some great opening acts, many of whom are headliners in their own right, and no body gives a crap about them! I'll never understand the ticket buying public who don't know what they're getting.

sk8rat

Reaction score
GnR has some great opening acts, many of whom are headliners in their own right, and no body gives a crap about them! I'll never understand the ticket buying public who don't know what they're getting.
the bulk of the crowd consisted of; 1/4 old drunk people probably in their mid 40's to 60's, 1/4 sluts that were barely wearing any clothes and dont know any songs other than sweet child o' mine and welcome to the jungle, 1/4 casual fans, and 1/4 of younger rockers.

alice in chains is a huge band but I think the atmosphere just wasn't right. it was really light outside and because it was seating everyone was really spread out. also I think a lot of people assumed they would come on later because the tickets said the show started at 7:30 and they came on at 7:20. even the opening bands usually come on about 30 after the show is set to start so I think that was their mistake.

framos

Reaction score
They'll be playing in Rio in 3 months time... can't wait!

raunch

Reaction score
I'm sure the shows in Rio will be packed and full of energy. Rock lives in S.A. and Brazil.

Kashmir

Reaction score
Axl Rose. :mad2: Please don't ruin Led Zeppelin by adding him.

sk8rat

Reaction score
I'm sure the shows in Rio will be packed and full of energy. Rock lives in S.A. and Brazil.
yeah, south american show have a reputation for being outrageous but dangerous as well.

Kashmir

Reaction score
:laugh2: still, he can probably do a better robert plant that plant himself nowadays. sad but true.
There are plenty of young vocalists out there who could do the job; however, Rose can hardly sing at all, imo. He'd ruin those songs. It would never happen. Page would spend the whole tour cringing.

Latest Threads