Leather Guitar Strap Suggestions

Daniel.S

Reaction score
Hey guys! I’ve decided I want a leather strap or two to use with my Les Paul’s.
I’ve got a couple of suede ones, but I would love a leather one (or two).
Red Monkey straps seem to be really nice, I’m in Aus so it’s going to cost a lot.

Thanks!

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Excellent idea to support a vendor...but dang, yer an Aussie.....there’s gotta be some excellent leather workers down there....

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Where'd you find that Steve? Got a link? Me likey!
Happy to help out, Freddy,

This goes back to 2013, so I am not sure if it's still good...

Here's an excerpt from the email I had with the store owner, you could always call/email him...

Hi Steve
Thanks for your message. I send quite a few GSL5s out to the US so you can order one easily. I don't have any distribution over there so I generally sell them to individuals. The price in the UK is £40 inc VAT (tax).

When sending to the US, I don't have to charge the tax, so the cost is £33.33 plus £15 shipping = £48.33, payable by PayPal to info@stones-music.com. I've never had any feedback on whether local charges, duty or tax would be due at your end but have lots of happy customers so I assume there's nothing extra.

If you wish to go ahead and order one, just make our payment and I'll ship one immediately.

All the best
Mark Pugh
Stones Music
Mobile: +44 (0) 7850 196369
Web: www.stones-music.co.uk
Email: mark.pugh@o2.co.uk
Twitter: @stonesmusic
Facebook: Click here for wall

Download Issuu Catalogues here

Stones Logo 2005

Distributor of Stones Straps/Harmonica Pouches – Uluru Ukuleles - Magic Fluke Ukuleles - RISA Ukuleles – Baton Rouge Ukuleles - Jumping Cow leather picks - The Pub Prop - Timber Tone exotic picks and accessories – Bone Tone bone picks - The Logarhythm - Bennett Lap Steel Guitars - Plectr'o's – Sticks from Stones – Guitar Grater - The Rhythm Ring - Fretfunk Pickholder – Boing Stands – Stompbox Power Supply and BamBoom

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Mark was great to do business with... I needed a few extra links or my straps. I wrote him and asked how much to send me 5 extra links. He sent then at no cost... not even shipping!

SFK

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Mark was great to do business with... I needed a few extra links or my straps. I wrote him and asked how much to send me 5 extra links. He sent then at no cost... not even shipping!
same here.

KP11520

Reaction score
I have 4 of the Italia Leather Straps. Always my first stop.

I never want anything metal or hard on my straps except the strap locks to reduce the chance of dinging my guitars. And quality Thick leather and stitching for decades of reliability.

Italia = purrrrfect!

Contact him to see if shipping can be reasonable.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
except the strap locks
I don't even have that anymore.
It's not 1985, I'm not flinging my guitars over my shoulder or swinging them around by the strap.
Bona-Locks seem to do just fine, even on the Lester. The Strat and SG really don't need them at all, but it's extra insurance.