Least Favorite MIJ you've owned?

Mr Teeny

Reaction score
So does it has a body binding with the black pin stripe being the painted on part you are referring to ? ... or no body binding whatsoever ? . :hmm:

Sorry, I can't tell from your pic + description, and thanks for clarification. An RLC-60 or RR ?

Don't think it's a RR just a RLC60, yep the body binding seems to be a decal/painted rather than 5 ply plastic strips you'd expect which is odd as I'd have thought even the purfling you see on some customs would have been easier to do. Outer strip is binding just the inner black strips maybe some sort of decal or very thin purfling.

I'll dig it out and post up some pics.

Mr Teeny

Reaction score
Here's a couple of pics to show the binding, the guitar had taken a knock on the side and that'd blown some finish off it . Someones re-finished that by sticking in some white paint or other but you can see where it looks like the 'binding' has also chipped away. I guess looking at it closer it's possible the 'steps' may just be the clearcoat chipped away and under that the actual binding, I've just never felt the need to 'refinish' that chip as it's not really noticeable as you can see from the pic of the guitar.

IMAG0775_zps01fddd8e.jpg

slapshot

Reaction score
the inner purling is about 1mm wide by 2mm high when installed then the outer white is a full width strip.
A '77 Burny Les Paul Jr. that I had for a while. Way over 10 pounds (my OBG Jr. is a hair over 6lbs), color was way off, tuners sucked, and the late '70's decal fonts Burny was using left a lot to be desired. But.. it was still a good guitar.

more deets pics gifs vids :hmm:
all 3 of mine were pre '77 mattmods got one now
silkscreen logos,average weight,colour was a nice grain showing TV yellow
FTV left , RTV right
7190491112_a2eb045b01_o.jpg

Jazzfinger

Reaction score
They have all been great. Anything that was wrong was from playing/age and was easily fixed. I wish I could say the same for all mu USA guitar purchases.

Matty

Reaction score
Is there any way to dull chrome? I reckon I could stick that bridge in Susan Boyles ass crack for a year and it would still come out shiny. :shock:

SusanBoyleAutobiography.jpg

slapshot

Reaction score
yeah there is
but you made me look at that so I'm not telling now

3pupLPC

Reaction score
:thumb:
the inner purling is about 1mm wide by 2mm high when installed then the outer white is a full width strip.

more deets pics gifs vids :hmm:
all 3 of mine were pre '77 mattmods got one now
silkscreen logos,average weight,colour was a nice grain showing TV yellow
FTV left , RTV right
7190491112_a2eb045b01_o.jpg

No pix on my computer. If I look hard enough, I might find an old post here with some.. I'll check later. Mine was around 10 lbs. It was cherry, but the shade was not anywhere close to right. A buddy of mine owns it now.. I traded him for a '60's Ampeg Gemini.

Those TV's look nice:thumb:

slapshot

Reaction score
:thumb:

No pix on my computer. If I look hard enough, I might find an old post here with some.. I'll check later. Mine was around 10 lbs. It was cherry, but the shade was not anywhere close to right. A buddy of mine owns it now.. I traded him for a '60's Ampeg Gemini.

Those TV's look nice:thumb:
was it one of the 'special hand' series with the fernandes text decals?

3pupLPC

Reaction score
No, it was a Burny- it was just that the "Les Paul" logo was real fat, and very gold.

Latest Threads