Late 80s Strat Plus

rogue3

Reaction score
I just made a great deal on one of these... I couldn't say no.

A friend of mine bought one new back in 88-89 and I really loved that guitar at the time. This one is all original and still has the Tremsetter installed. I may swap out the Lace Sensor pickups for some Gen4 Fender Noiseless, depending on how it goes. Also, a shorter Gilmour trem arm is in my future.

It's a little beat up, but that's ok.

View attachment 418769
Yup Vic.If that guit. ran into me,she is going home.Super nice score!:cool2:

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
If you swap out the Gold Laces for G4, let me know, I'll probably have a buyer for you.
A friend of mine has one that I swapped the Gold Laces for the R/S/B set back in the 90s, and he's thinking about restoring it.
He "paid" me for the work with the Laces and I put them in a Partscaster that I have since sold.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
My "Strat Plus" is the finest guitar I own. All Les Pauls included.

View attachment 418772

I got it for a steal.... are these some sort of Strat outcasts that "real" Strat players don't value?
Not really.... Seems that lately there have been a few on the market selling for what the neck alone is easily worth.
But they are older and a lot of the newer players are not familiar with them.
One was posted on another forum a couple of weeks ago, and the only thing wrong with it was the body had been refin'd something similar to Aztec Gold, and the pickups had been replaced. Half the forum was screaming "Partscaster" even though the neck, pickguard, and everything else were a perfect match, and the pickguard had not been modified for the humbucker. The pickguard alone was worth half the asking price.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
I had one briefly back around '90.
It was a great guitar, but it was stolen a couple months after I got it....still had the receipt in the case.

I'm still pissed off about that one!!:mad:
OOOH that sucks my regards!

Crotch

Hero
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like it. I like lace products too. My #1 has been this 94 custom shop that I put Lace Holy Grail pickups and gold anodized pick guard on. Aged white with maple is sexual.
Screenshot_20191110-204631_Gallery.jpg