LAST CALL: Soldano designed Yamaha T-50 head...poor man”s SLO.

dangolguitartec

Reaction score
Up for your consideration today is a Yamaha T 50 amplifier head. These were designed by Mike Soldano in the early 1990s and built in the USA right here in the great state of Georgia. This amplifier sounds very similar to a Soldano SLO at less than half of the price.
this head has two channels, each with its own EQ And reverb controls and a master presence control. Clean channel has a pull switch for bright and you can select channels on the front panel with a pull knob on the dirty channel controls.

Single input on the front panel with a slave out, effects loop and foot switch jack on the back panel. Two speaker output jacks… This amp can run 4, 8 or 16 ohm load. Even has a courtesy outlet on the back panel that can provide 120v AC just in case you need to plug anything in. Head is also rack mountable… Just take it out of its shell and put it right into your rack. How cool is that?

I guess I should mention that this is an 50w all tube amplifier… Runs on a pair of 6L6 tubes in the power section and a quintet of 12ax7”s for the preamp section. Tons of game in this amplifier and sparkly cleans, as well. And if you already know about these and you were wondering, the choke modification has already been professionally done so the amp Is very full and rich sounding and much closer to the sound of an actual Soldano.
Not really wanting to get rid of this but I kind of need the money at the moment… Looking to get $900 shipped in the lower 48. PayPal is usually the way I go but if you have another idea feel free to tell me about it. I pack very well and ship fully insured with tracking info… I have many positive transactions on this forum and elsewhere on the Internet. Please feel free to make reasonable offers but no lowball offers, please.

I will get photos up later this afternoon. Please let me know if you have any questions at all and thanks for looking!
here is a video of the 100w version I had.it did not have a choke mod and this video was a very low volume.please excuse the terrible playing...

Last edited:

dangolguitartec

Reaction score
Thanks, Dave… I’ve had about six or eight of the 100 W version over the past 25 years or so. This is my first 50 W head. I got this one from my brother… Like I said, don’t really want to get rid of it but I could use the money. Making sitter Partial trades plus cash if anyone is interested.
Thanks for the kind words and thanks for the free bump… All my best to you and yours!

dangolguitartec

Reaction score
Good video interview with Mike… Thanks for posting that. I know that he always stood behind them over the years because I sent him more than one to be repaired or modified and he always treated them like they were one of his own hand built models.

dangolguitartec

Reaction score
One last bump up to the top for cash offers, trade offers or a little bit of both… After this bump, I’m going to let it drift off to the far back reaches of the forum.

let me know if you are interested and what you have to offer… Worst I can do is say no thank you.

thanks for looking and I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Latest Threads