Lars Ulrich: Master Drummer

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I try not to, seems to offend too many smart asses.

LongBeach

Reaction score
:h5:

I got nothing against the guy.
Except when he acts like a pompous ass.
Then I change the channel.

JTM45

Reaction score
I always thought Lars was the best part of the band, his kick is like a freight train. The rest of the band sounds like cats fvcking.

HardCore Troubadour

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
was not saying it to be a smart ass dude, I am a drummer....that thinks he can play 6 chords or so on guitar.

The "and other instruments" part struck me as funny...you know kind of like
Question: Why do guitarists put drumsticks on the dash of their car?
Answer:
So they can park in the handicapped spot.

Ya think?

74JMP

Reaction score
Saw them once at a free show and was surprised I liked his live playing better than on the radio. It actually had more of a groove, as close as I can describe it. It sounded more real...not punched in, precise and so metronome like.

Laggspike

Reaction score
Lars is one of the most uninspireing Drummeres ive heard tbh.. and ive been a drummer for 6 years..

i dont find him awesome at all, but that's just me.

caljoe

Reaction score
I always thought Lars was the best part of the band, his kick is like a freight train. The rest of the band sounds like cats fvcking.

That made me lol :laugh2: :thumb:

rich85

Reaction score
Lars is a songwriter and businessman playing drums.

Also, proof that being super talented is secondary to being a famous/successful musician

hard work and being a complete and utter asshole is the only way to get what you want

so good on Lars I say

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Reaction score
How many people do you think would pay to see a Metallica without Ulrich?

How bout without Hetfield?

I still thank god the Buffalo show happened before James got burned on the Metallica/GNR tour in '92. The clips of them soldiering on with a sub rhythm player and James singing just sucked. I pity those people who paid to see that...

duck2k

Reaction score
Lars Ulrich is the north end of a southbound donkey, and Metallica sux donkey balls:wave:

Actinic

Reaction score
Guitarists always raz on drummers. It comes with the territory. There are so many guys out there who can play fast that Lars does not even compare.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMi0aSC8Q0Q]2012 World's Fastest Drummer Finals - Battle of the Hands - YouTube[/ame]

I wonder if Lars can even manage to perform Wipeout in a live (non-studio) setting?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8__EwAT8VM]The Ventures Live: Wipe Out / pixelmuttz.blogspot.com - YouTube[/ame]

Bluesky

Reaction score
1983 , Halloween headbangers ball at La'mours in Brooklyn NYC. Raven headlined, Anvil and Metallica was the warm up band. You couldn't tell me that Lars sucked that night. But watching him lately , I'm not to impressed.

Sometimes its not about how good your are , its about the band and the music. it was pretty incredible back then. The whole Vibe. Simplicity at 197 miles an hour. :fingersx: :dude:

Latest Threads