Laney LA30BL

jojo

Reaction score
Anyone else interested in these ?! A 30 watt version of the LA100BL which is a recreation of Tony Iommi's old amps. This 30 watt version has 2 EL34's ! I may have to get one, I've been wanting to get another lower wattage amp.

More info here :
http://www.blackcountrycustoms.co.uk/

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE BAD ASS
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Iommi's playing.

30 watts is way too much for me :(

JCarno

Reaction score
I'd love one of them. Hope some U.S. dealers start carrying them.:hyper: A quick search didn't show any. :wtf:

jojo

Reaction score
I'd love one of them. Hope some U.S. dealers start carrying them.:hyper: A quick search didn't show any. :wtf:
On the Laney facebook group it said EMD Music in nashville will carry them. I messaged the guy and he said he would find out what dealer in TX ( where I'm at ) was going to carry them at NAMM and get back to me. I think they will be available in the US :)

JCarno

Reaction score
On the Laney facebook group it said EMD Music in nashville will carry them. I messaged the guy and he said he would find out what dealer in TX ( where I'm at ) was going to carry them at NAMM and get back to me. I think they will be available in the US :)
Keep us updated please!
Not sure why SW isn't a dealer anymore.
ZZ and AMS carry Laney products but no mention of this one yet. :fingersx:

rich85

Reaction score
Man I would love one of these.

I assume a good attenuator would still be needed to get those Sabbath tones at venue friendly volumes though.

jojo

Reaction score
Man I would love one of these.

I assume a good attenuator would still be needed to get those Sabbath tones at venue friendly volumes though.
I'm curious to know. I have a friend who will be at the NAMM booth playing one so we'll see. They also make a Tony Iommi Boost pedal. It's based on the Dallas Arbiter Range master, which Tony used back in the day. I'll be using a fuzz pedal if I get one. This amp is probably not loud enough for my band, we use 100 + watt amps and are very loud.

JCarno

Reaction score
I'm curious to know. I have a friend who will be at the NAMM booth playing one so we'll see. They also make a Tony Iommi Boost pedal. It's based on the Dallas Arbiter Range master, which Tony used back in the day. I'll be using a fuzz pedal if I get one. This amp is probably not loud enough for my band, we use 100 + watt amps and are very loud.
I own a Sabbra Cadabra. Funny thing, it only sounds good with my Laney IRT 60H Clean channel.
It sounds way brittle and sterile when I tried it with my Marshalls(clean channels). I'm sure alot eq tweaking could make it work with a Marshall but I don't have to tweak the Laney.:hmm:

rich85

Reaction score
The Sabbra Caddbra is weird I was about to buy one until I realised it is a distortion type pedal not overdrive.

My band does lots of Sabbath covers and I find a Tiny Terror with the gain knob high, with a bad monkey set as a boost played through with my Epi Tony Iommi sig model gets pretty damn close.

His sound really is non Marshall but british character, pushing a low/moderate gain amp as hard as possible.

The Laney sig amps dont capture his sound at all in my opinion. They are modern high gain. Which is why he ditched them and used the LA100BL on the last Sabbath tour.

rich85

Reaction score
We did this between originals so I didnt use the Iommi and turn up the gain like usual but this is what we do

JCarno

Reaction score
We did this between originals so I didnt use the Iommi and turn up the gain like usual but this is what we do
Dig it!! But playing Sabbath with an LP.....BLASPHEMY!! :noway:
J/K Sounded great!! :cheers2:

JCarno

Reaction score
rich85, what amp/setup did you use for that song?

JCarno

Reaction score
Bad monkey set with volume high and gain low, Orange Tiny Terror and V30 cab. Simple stuff!
Ok, I was a little confused so I re-read your other post.
I thought you were talking about using an Iommi Amp but looks like you're talking about the Epi Iommi SG.
Makes sense now.

About the Sabbra Caddbra, the Pro Guitar demo guy describes it as a SuperGroup preamp and a Dallas Rangemaster in one. He gets awesome Iommi tones with it.
I do too when I use my SG Classic with P90s tuned down to C# and my Laney on the clean channel.
I know I already said that but I did leave out the P90s and lower tuning before. Maybe that's the secret sauce :laugh2:
Also, I barely crack the gain, presence completely off, get the volume as close to the amp(with pedal off) as possible then play around with the range to taste.
The hard part about trying to emulate Iommi is that, even in the early days, his tone changed with almost every song.
Your BM, TT, LP and V30 got it going on though.
I'm sure you've already seen this but I'm going to post it anyway.

rich85

Reaction score
Ok, I was a little confused so I re-read your other post.
I thought you were talking about using an Iommi Amp but looks like you're talking about the Epi Iommi SG.
Makes sense now.

About the Sabbra Caddbra, the Pro Guitar demo guy describes it as a SuperGroup preamp and a Dallas Rangemaster in one. He gets awesome Iommi tones with it.
I do too when I use my SG Classic with P90s tuned down to C# and my Laney on the clean channel.
I know I already said that but I did leave out the P90s and lower tuning before. Maybe that's the secret sauce :laugh2:
Also, I barely crack the gain, presence completely off, get the volume as close to the amp(with pedal off) as possible then play around with the range to taste.
The hard part about trying to emulate Iommi is that, even in the early days, his tone changed with almost every song.
Your BM, TT, LP and V30 got it going on though.
I'm sure you've already seen this but I'm going to post it anyway.
That pedal just seems to nail it. Do you get the same sounds from the pedal at higher volumes?

Damn I still want one

JCarno

Reaction score
That pedal just seems to nail it. Do you get the same sounds from the pedal at higher volumes?

Damn I still want one
Yes, the louder the better it sounds! :cheers2:
There's a part 2 vid of the pedal but when I tried to post it, it coming up as part one. It even had he same url. Weird!

sk8rat

Reaction score
I have been looking into these and am considering buying one. the great news is that they will not be a limited run.

Smaller than it’s bigger brother however this amplifier is NOT a limited run of production.

Latest Threads