Laney amps

bwt42

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has any experience with these. I got an Aor pro tube 50 head a few months ago and am really getting some nice tones out of it through a 4x12. The high input sounds like a driven marshall and the low sounds like fender clean. Using a les paul I can match claptons cream tones nicely and crank it for the evh sound with a strat. You dont hear about these too often, but im really prefering this amp to some others ive played for classic rock/blues sound.

tenchijin2

Reaction score
My first tube amp was a 199X Laney VC30 212. Bought it maybe... 7 years ago? I still have it, and gig with it regularly. It's in the same basic class as a AC30, but has a sound its own. Very dynamic and punchy mids on the clean channel. The overdrive is said to be a bit "marshall"ish, but I don't know that for sure.

I do like it.

Gyroman

Reaction score
I have a VC15, nice little amp. It's pretty basic but sounds good to my ears. Pair it with a 2x12 extension cab and it kicks out a decent bit of volume too.

Paulie C

Reaction score
To my ears the tone is there. I played a Cub 112 last week and I thought it was great. Seriously considering buying one.

tolm

Bigsby Junkie
Reaction score
Used to have a Lionheart LT5 and it was great. Only got sold when I started playing with a band again and needed something louder. Now, if the LT20 1x12 had been available at that time ... :)

JohnnyN

Just another old geezer
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a VC15 and I'm happy about it.
Great cleans with a reminiscence of Fender Blackface. Sounds great with a good OD on front.
The drive channel is rather versatile, great for classic rock and blues. Don't think it's for metal though.

Tone Head

Reaction score
Hi

I'm a big Laney enthusiast and recommend them. I had a Laney GH100TI Head that I ran through a Marshall 4x12. This is the Toni Iommi Signature model and mine was a 1990 era model.

Epic, epic sounding amp for blues rock and of course metal (I am an Iommi worshipper). I ran it at about 1.5 on the Master Volume. 100 watts was a bit too much for my small terraced house!!! As was the Fender Blues Deluxe I had before it! Haha Should have just attentuated it and kept it. ....regrets I'd had a few- many when it comes to gear I've parted with.

The Lion Heart amps got as near a perfect review as I've ever read in Guitarist magazine.

Any of their valve amps (Class A or AB) are well worth a try IMHO

Splattle101

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I believe that the AOR's are a take on the JCM800. They sound killer!

This.

They're a JCM800 with horns.

I have an old AOR 100, six knob version. As he said, it's a JCM800 with with an effects loop and the EQ has pull-boosts. Pulling them all out makes that thing roar.

xbolt

Reaction score
I love my AOR50

L1.JPG

L2.JPG

ant_riv

Reaction score
I have a six-knob AOR 100w and 30w.

As mentioned, the 100w is a JCM800 on steroids, in the best possible way. I have the matching 4x12 cab and it is a perfect pair.

The 30w is similar to the Marshall Studio 15.

Definitely recommend checking out a Laney AOR, as they can usually be found for very reasonable prices and are excellent alternatives to JCM800s.

bwt42

Reaction score
Glad to see others have gotten some good tones as well. Its very responsive to your guitar volume/tone knobs. Sounds good at low volumes as well as cranked. Can't beat it for a budget vintage tone!

xbolt

Reaction score
Also have an AOR 30 combo...many great 6V6 tones

AOR4.JPG

AOR3.JPG

Latest Threads