Lake Mead Update

Deftone

Reaction score
My well head is about 100yds downhill from my septic leech field.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
people really take water for granted, but it's actually amazing that we have treatment plants and hundreds of miles of water and waste pipe in the ground.

That we've created a system that brings fresh water into our homes and takes away the waste water is really something special and impressive.

It's the difference between living in a "home" and living in a shack.

It's really something. Easy to take for granted Water and Electricity until you don't have it anymore.

Sometimes when I see social media people complaining how everything sucks and everyone sucks and America sucks I imagine they never stop to think about all the hardworking people that've done so much to bring them fresh water everyday.

It's easy to be an ingrate; it's not so easy to be thankful.

In reality being able to take a shower or run your sink or flush your toilet is a type of luxury. People don't think of it that way but it really is.

edro

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yelp. Technology is amazing...

I've stood there at the sink plenty of times moving that handle up and down, watching water come out every pump.... Amazing... What'll they think of next....

1662483501518.png

PeteK

Reaction score
people really take water for granted, but it's actually amazing that we have treatment plants and hundreds of miles of water and waste pipe in the ground.

That we've created a system that brings fresh water into our homes and takes away the waste water is really something special and impressive.

It's the difference between living in a "home" and living in a shack.

It's really something. Easy to take for granted Water and Electricity until you don't have it anymore.

Sometimes when I see social media people complaining how everything sucks and everyone sucks and America sucks I imagine they never stop to think about all the hardworking people that've done so much to bring them fresh water everyday.

It's easy to be an ingrate; it's not so easy to be thankful.

In reality being able to take a shower or run your sink or flush your toilet is a type of luxury. People don't think of it that way but it really is.
Chris Rock had an old bit about that. "We got ass water!" :laugh2:

howlermonkey

Reaction score
So it only took 100 years of pulling water from where it is and transporting it somewhere else to get here?

six-string

Reaction score
Buffalo humping!
It's more exciting than flying your own rocket into the stratosphere.

Latest Threads