Lake Mead Update

I Break Things

Reaction score
Did you accidentally let your tip out?
That would tip her off that someone is over 0.08 mg/100 ml.

:fingersx:
Used to drinking whiskey + decided to try some mead + forgetting that what you're drinking has alcohol in it because it doesn't have any burn or taste like whiskey + being left unsupervised = accidentally drunk spud.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Used to drinking whiskey + decided to try some mead + forgetting that what you're drinking has alcohol in it because it doesn't have any burn or taste like whiskey + being left unsupervised = accidentally drunk spud.
I Break Things be like:
"Wasn't me, babe! Was the hidden alcohol!"

I Break Things' wife be like:

are-you-kidding-me-liz-lemon.gif

youve-got-to-be-kidding-me-are-you-kidding-me.gif

sonar1

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I drank for medicinal purposes.

Got violently ill if I didn’t get a drink every few minutes.

Eventually became allergic to alcohol.
If I drink I invariably break out in court dates.

Last edited:

I Break Things

Reaction score
I Break Things be like:
"Wasn't me, babe! Was the hidden alcohol!"

I Break Things' wife be like:

are-you-kidding-me-liz-lemon.gif

youve-got-to-be-kidding-me-are-you-kidding-me.gif
Her response was more like...

You drank ALL the mead?! I only got to have ONE glass - last night, when you bought it!!!

She believed (and it really is true) that I accidentally got drunk (because I am a certified dumbass) on that one occasion. I was doing laundry, it was summer, and we have no AC. I got thirsty and figured I'd swig a little mead. Well, before I knew it the laundry was done and the mead was gone. It was a true Jack Sparrow moment. :laugh2:

It wasn't fun the next day. I had a hangover from hell, which I was NOT used to as whiskey doesn't give me hangovers. My wife was mad that the mead was gone and that I had gotten drunk in the most dumb and boring way possible, and I didn't even get credit for doing the laundry! :laugh2:

The rest the times I was drunk were entirely intentional! :laugh2:

sonar1

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m down with water and a squirt of MIO Sport electrolytes +vitaminB now, after an incident in the Mojave last April (got heat stroke despite being well hydrated, but very low on electrolytes). Mean ol’ sun! :mad2:

9E775766-EE72-498A-8442-CE338055C955.jpeg

I Break Things

Reaction score
I’m down with water and a squirt of MIO Sport electrolytes +vitaminB now, after an incident in the Mojave last April (got heat stroke despite being well hydrated, but very low on electrolytes). Mean ol’ sun! :mad2:

View attachment 625745
I mostly drink water, Coke Zero, and Dr. Pepper Zero now. No more alcohol for me!

And yes, the sun can be very harsh in the desert. At this altitude, it'll burn you in a hurry, too.

sonar1

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Indeed.
I was consciously bloating with water. Sloshing around. Peeing freely and clear.
And still got knocked out by the heat. EMT squirted some MIO Sport in a cup of water and in 15 minutes I felt MUCH better!
Lesson learned.
Diet cola is a favorite (was kinda addicted actually), but MIO Sport (and the like) is a lot cheaper per gallon! ;)

I Break Things

Reaction score
Indeed.
I was consciously bloating with water. Sloshing around. Peeing freely and clear.
And still got knocked out by the heat. EMT squirted some MIO Sport in a cup of water and in 15 minutes I felt MUCH better!
Lesson learned.
Diet cola is a favorite (was kinda addicted actually), but MIO Sport (and the like) is a lot cheaper per gallon! ;)
Interesting. I'll have to see if I'm able to have it and give it a shot if I am. Thanks, Sonar! :thumb:

Roxy13

Reaction score
I accidentally got drunk too due to an evil mother in law. She gave me a huge drink that tasted just like chocolate milk but was filled with alcohol. And I was in her basement, had just had knee surgery and was on crutches. Really dangerous open staircase with no railings or anything. They had to carry me out so I didn't fall off the edge and kill myself.

Latest Threads