Lake Mead Update

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score

Politics and ideologies will keep us from any solution, however there are workable solutions available now.
Nobody wants to spend the money to build them when it's easier to tell people to stop using water.

California coastal commission just rejected a desal plant at the old Hungtington Beach power station.

PeteK

Reaction score

Politics and ideologies will keep us from any solution, however there are workable solutions available now.
I guess it makes sense they are all in the Middle East. Gotta keep those LIV Golf courses green.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Not the point. The use of Colorado River water (and, for that matter, the entire western US watershed) has been a political football for nearly 100 years, and between farmers who decided they wanted to grow water-needy crops, Los Angeles needing swimming pools and Las Vegas needing water attractions in the middle of a desert, water Misuse is the norm.

Climate-change people know what the climate does naturally, and they're rapidly finding that the science of what happens when climate is augmented by human error is probably even underestimating what they thought could happen.

Politics will delay solutions, because idiots abound. The likelihood is that food and potable water will suddenly be in very short supply, and at that point starvation and perhaps war will probably help fix the issue.

Hey. Hey. Hey...

If you are going to start making sense, there is no place for you here.

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hang tight guys. M&M is on his way.

ice.jpg

TheX

Better a boomer than a Karen.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
A typical residential central a/c, makes 5-25 gallons of potable water a day in the form of condensate. Why not recycle all the condensation?
If that's true (and I have no reason to doubt it) then that would really add up.

LtDave32

Let Desert Star be your next guitar!
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Nobody wants to spend the money to build them when it's easier to tell people to stop using water.

California coastal commission just rejected a desal plant at the old Hungtington Beach power station.

You can drive up hwy1, up the CA coastline and drive over a dozen creeks that spill fresh, clean creek water directly into the ocean.

Complete waste.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can drive up hwy1, up the CA coastline and drive over a dozen creeks that spill fresh, clean creek water directly into the ocean.

Complete waste.
But we can't let the ocean dry up!!!!!

And not just the Pacific.

In May through October 2021, they released 35,000 acre-feet to benefit the environmentally "sensitive" Laguna Saluda delta.
And it wasn't just 2021... it's been a regular occurrence for years.