Lady Gaga.....holy %#^&@!

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Last night at band practice we decided it would be fun to tackle I Wish by Stevie Wonder. So as always I started surfing around looking for different versions ...cause I will steal anything I can lol...with a song like this there are so many layers that I'm going to have to amalgamate parts on guitar. So, I came across this video of Lady Gaga. WOW! She's rockin' it, funkin' it....full out.

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm 100% convinced she has a penis.

That being said I don't listen to any of her music myself, but everytime I see a video I'm usually impressed and don't turn it off. I was on a Howard Stern kick a few weeks ago and saw a solo piano song she did. (Think it was edge of glory). Pretty raw for her in a small studio by herself.

Thsi song will forever remind me of Will Smith's Wild Wild West.

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
she's very talented. Shame she had to do all the gimmicks and crazy costumes and crap just to get noticed, for some people the ridiculousness of all that turned them away and never gave her a shot.

But she's famous so I guess it worked? And Niki Minaj copied her early craziness so I guess it was a successful strategy.

....and Stevie Wonder is always awesome. :dude:

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I remember first seeing her with the flaming tits and weird gimmicks. Wrote her off and didn't pay any attention to her because of that. But then when she did that project with Tony Bennett my ears perked up and I thought....hmmmm....she's actually pretty good. And now this.
But this song has a place in my heart. I was downtown with my dad....he had just built the St. Catharines Public Library and we went to visit the opening. After that we went to a record store a block away and I bought my first record. The single of I WIsh.... He's Mistra Know it All was on the flip side. I have no idea how I came to pick that record....
I was 11 years old. That record hypnotized me.

JonCanfield

Reality is over rated
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
She played at an event here at work which was pretty cool. She is extremely talented, but I can do without the theatrics

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I heard this the day it happened.... that was the day I became a huge Lady Gaga fan. The part of the interview prior to this clip was moving. The song had me in tears.

Before that day, I didn't care about her at all. Now I love her.
I went on a huge, like 2 day Howard performances YouTube binge. I found a bunch of performances from people I didn't like that I liked the performance. Even fuckin Def Leopard.

rxbandit

Reaction score
I really enjoyed watching the documentary on her which was recorded around the time leading up to her Super Bowl performance. I have a ton of respect for her, killer pipes and an insane work ethic.

archey

Reaction score
I am however ready to bring this Canadian back at any time. This was everyones 95-96. Don't fuckin deny it.

I was avoiding this like the plague in 95-96. I was way into AiC, Pantera, that kind of stuff. Although now I can appreciate the talent she has and how well Jagged Little Pill was engineered. Also she has aged VERY well.

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was avoiding this like the plague in 95-96. I was way into AiC, Pantera, that kind of stuff. Although now I can appreciate the talent she has and how well Jagged Little Pill was engineered. Also she has aged VERY well.
Same here. I was being goofy. But now I can jam the shit out of it. (And I'm not sure it's ironically)