Kramer Baretta.... real, or unreal?

Shai`tan

Reaction score
Heyas all. I`ve got a buddy who has pined for a Kramer Baretta for quite a few years. He finally scores what he thinks is the real deal from a local Player who was thinning out his herd.This Player has supposedly played this guitar for the last 20 to 25 years. And my buddy has seen him quite a few times through these years gigging with this guitar. Eric Ernest posted a pic here of Erics original Kramer Baretta some time ago. I`m using Erics pic here for a comparison. In Erics high quality pic I saw aways back, Erics body looked fairly white, and the headstock seemed a more creamy look. My buddies Kramer Baretta in person looks exactly colorwise as Erics. A whiter body, with a cream looking headstock. My buddies pic that he sent me today is crap, but inperson the bodies pretty white, and the headstocks a cream look.

The body is heavy maple. Neck is maple. I think rosewood fretboard. Headstock seems to have a painted veneer over maple. At close inspection you see the painted cream top surface. From the side a sort of 1/16th dark brown veneer, then the maple headstock. Bridge is a Floyd. Neckplate is a dark black, with Kramer deep etched into it. Pickup is a Dual Sound atm. But I believe the original pickup should be the Schaller Golden 50. There is no neck scarf on the neck itself. The scarf joint is on the angled headstock. Trussrod adjustment is at the neck nut area, not the heel.

So, anyone here got any ideas on if this is an actual Baretta or not? Thx.
20211205_143944.jpg
Eric Ernest Kramer Baretta.jpg

Last edited:

Shai`tan

Reaction score
Well, from what I can gather, this is possibly a late 84 to late 85 Baretta. Not sure if it`s a Collectable or not. The 84s had the adjustment for the truss rod on the heel of the neck. They switched that to the neck nut area for the 85s it seems.

Latest Threads