Kombucha?

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone here a fan?

I’ll admit, I sort of scoffed at the stuff when I’d see people drinking it in the past, thinking that it was some new, bullshit, hippy/hipster/millennial trend (even though I know it’s been around for centuries).

All I knew, was that it was a probiotic, which is never a bad thing, especially when it comes to maintaining the proper flora in the gut, which is SUPER beneficial to feeling good and overall health, but never really had any interest in trying it, until I tried a hard one at the bar one night several months ago, after being pushed and pushed by the bartender to try one.. she was super hot lol, so I caved.. I thought, meh, not bad at all, refreshing even, but I wouldn’t voluntarily buy one, just gimme my beer please..

Fast forward to now.. new girlfriend, going on a couple months now, and things are going perfectly.. we both like to drink, a variety of different things, but she’s a fan of kombucha and hard kombucha.. so, whenever there have been “leftovers”, I’ve been able to sample quite a few of these things, which are no joke, ranging between 6-7% alcohol.. and, not only are most of them downright delicious, they will f*ck you up! But, even more so, I’ve also noticed a HUGE improvement in my digestive health, even in just the span of a couple days drinking only a couple of them while drinking my usual beer..

So, after becoming a fan, I dug a little, did some mild research, and it turns out, this stuff is dirt cheap to make.. so I plan on making my own in the near future. What I REALLY want to get into, is making my own hard kombucha.. the idea of being able to produce my own hooch for pennies on the dollar?? Uhhhh, YES PLEASE!

I’ve brewed my own beer before, but it’s a bitch.. and takes months to turn over a batch. This stuff has a turnover time of about a week, and the ingredients are tea leaves, sugar, and water.. dirt cheap!

I still need to do a little more research on making the hard stuff, but, I’m thinking it won’t take much more than a secondary fermentation process with a little more added yeast and sugar..

Anywho.. just wondering if there are any other fans of this stuff.. specifically, any of you that make your own?

sk8rat

Reaction score
I tried it for the first time the other day. some are good some are bad. tried one today that wasn't bad. it's a million times better than la croix.

BKS

Reaction score
Like it but don't drink it that much.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
I've tried it a couple of times __ and I like it . but I'm not really a drinker . it is something that I would recommend to those who are

All I knew, was that it was a probiotic, which is never a bad thing, especially when it comes to maintaining the proper flora in the gut, which is SUPER beneficial to feeling good and overall health,
yeah . the thing about that . the terms antioxidant and probiotic have become really big buzzwords over the last few years . the problem is that people treat them in the same way that they do medications . they add one or two healthy things to their routine , and see it as a quick fix . thinking that it will counter act the other choices that they make . it doesn't work that way

as a part of a healthy diet and routine , there will be some positives . but in the end . drink it if you enjoy it __ and not for any benefits or results

Latest Threads