blackat

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have a few.
1 kershaw
1 benchmade
1 spiderco
This one is small, but it’ll still take an eye out. Lol
I also remove the clip. Since I work with leather, I make a belt sheath for them all.
3E27071B-F65E-4F1E-BD14-909F1469B0E1.jpeg

Tone deaf

Reaction score
My Buck Lite (from the '80s) is one of my favorites (best cutting edge I have ever had on a folder). I've got a big CRKT fixed blade that is overkill for most tasks, but it looks cool. I probably have about 20 knives (half fixed the other half folders). My Italian switchblades got confiscated in Belgium. I just ordered a Kershaw ('cause of course I need another knife). It should be here in a few days.

eyJidWNrZXQiOiAiZmlsZXMua25pZmVjZW50ZXIuY29tIiwia2V5IjogImtuaWZlY2VudGVyL2tlcnNoYXcvaW1hZ2VzL0tTMjA1NV8xLmpwZyIsImVkaXRzIjogeyJyZXNpemUiOiB7IndpZHRoIjogNzYwLCJoZWlnaHQiOiA0MTUsImZpdCI6ICJjb250YWluIiwiYmFja2dyb3VuZCI6IHsiciI6IDI1NSwiZyI6IDI1NSwiYiI6IDI1NSwiYWxwaGEiOiAxfX19fQ==

bilbarstow

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was a Boy Scout. We learned Gibbs Rule # 9 before there was a Gibbs.

My EDC is a Kershaw Chive (very small assisted opener, with a blade lock for pocket safety). I initially got one of the Titanium coated ones, but it's far too pretty for EDC, so I buy the standard ones for my daily use.

And I say "I buy" - because somewhere at the TSA there is the "Bill Barstow Collection" of all of the pocket knives I've given up at the scanner, because I forgot to leave them at home, or in the car at the airport.

Deftone

Reaction score
My EDC is a Pistol, flashlight and a knife.

My EDC blade is a SOG Twitch II or a Gerber folder. I have a Buck 110 w/finger grooves I bought on my 18th birthday. I also have a similar Uncle Henry folder.

For fixed blades I have a Tops Apache Falcon....

1641993698368.jpeg

....an OKC RAT and a TAK (IMHO OKC is the best bang for buck in fixed blades) a SOG Jungle Primitive and a Revolver, a couple SOG Fast Hawks and the double headed axe.

1641994008782.jpeg

I also have a couple of butterfly knives I bought when I was in the Army. For whatever reason, I have always been good with a butterfly knife. It's one of the few things I can do ambidextrously and simultaneously. All for show though, I see no value in it whatsoever.

dc007

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same here. I generally carry my Buck 110 24/7. I also carry a compact but powerful flashlight.

cheers.
I carry a single blade Old Timer 99% of the time. Good for cutting the net off hay bales and just a handy tool. Take a whole page to tell everything that knife comes out for.
My Sunday knife is a bone handle Case. Gotta have a fancy looking pocket knife when you wearing your Sunday best.
Also got a homemade sheath knife from my kids for Christmas. I'll get a pic up in a bit. It's pretty sweet

Spartom

Reaction score
I have a SOG Tactical knife that I keep in my center console primarily because it’s bulky and , if I have it clipped inside my pocket, the jagged edges of the handle cut the shit out of my hand when I reach in to play pocket pool.

1F734B36-FDE0-4012-9543-A5AC1E7033E7.jpeg

My son got me this 3” blade that’s much easier to carry.

F113DA42-CD0F-4028-9A70-BCA4BDD09B31.jpeg

Spartom

Reaction score
I was a Boy Scout. We learned Gibbs Rule # 9 before there was a Gibbs.

My EDC is a Kershaw Chive (very small assisted opener, with a blade lock for pocket safety). I initially got one of the Titanium coated ones, but it's far too pretty for EDC, so I buy the standard ones for my daily use.

And I say "I buy" - because somewhere at the TSA there is the "Bill Barstow Collection" of all of the pocket knives I've given up at the scanner, because I forgot to leave them at home, or in the car at the airport.

I used to carry a butterfly knife like this one in high school. This was around 86-87, so no metal detectors in schools then.

EE26538C-D52E-49E4-9A1F-6E3BFDDD2FB9.jpeg

My mom and I took my older brother to the airport on his way Germany after boot camp and AIT. This was when you could go all the way to the terminal without a boarding pass, and although TSA didn’t exist you still had to go through a metal detector. Just as I was about to walk through, oh shit. I casually took my big ass butterfly knife out of my back pocket, put it right on the X-ray machine belt, went through and retrieved my knife on the other side, then continued to the gate.

bilbarstow

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I casually took my big ass butterfly knife out of my back pocket, put it right on the X-ray machine belt, went through and retrieved my knife on the other side, then continued to the gate.
Yeah, I remember those days, as well.

Not to start a "political side-track", but we were so Naive prior to 9/11. It never occurred to most of us "law abiding" types that there would even be a Threat of something hazardous happening in an Airplane. I keep that in mind these days when I evaluate the safety/security of a situation. Because the "Bad Guys" DO think like that, and will exploit any loophole the first time.

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Reaction score
Everyone's showing their biggest. Here's my smallest.

I like all of the Ken Onion series that Kershaw did. I have the full range, except I don't have a Shallot. ...yet.

i.php

Here, I took a brushed stainless and a 24k gold Chive and swapped some of the parts to make a couple "two tone" examples.

i.php

i.php

I did this for a family member to match his watch, keeping the other for myself.
20220106090607-9322a6b1-xl.jpg

smk506

Reaction score
I’ve got a few protech switchblades; rockeye, godfather, a few others. A few benchmades including a pretty nice balisong and I’m waiting for my spyderco auto to ship. I’ve got other knives but pretty much carry the autos or a $15 Milwaukee flip knife from Home Depot.

Latest Threads