Kluson's..Who makes the best ones?

TM1

Reaction score
I was wondering what Kluson reproductions are the best overall? I have issues with the ones on my ML R-9 as they slip alot. I don't want to go the Grover route as these are just fine. They just don't stay intune. The only reason I switch to Grovers is if they don't help the sustain.
Thanks!!

cmjohnson

Reaction score
www.kluson.com

I'd just go direct to Kluson and bypass the copies. I think this way you get the best chance of getting a quality product.
Be warned, some Kluson offerings are pricey, but that's not unusual for premium machines these days.

I was thrilled when I saw that they had reissued the Sealfasts with the ring backs. Until I saw the price. But for the right guitar, I'd still spring for them.

calieng

Reaction score
I have had some Kluson labelled tuners in the past that have a slightly smaller post diameter and need a different bushing.

Anyone else come across that before? It may have just been the Strat tuners that were the issue. Do not recall if it was different for Les Paul tuners....

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Klusons are made in Korea. I've got two boxes here, says it right on the box .

Fancy art deco box. Sloppy tuners inside.

I prefer Wilkinson Deluxe , they are superior IMO. nice, tight tuners. Made in Japan.

Any standard knob configuration, nickel or chome, you can get them 3 on a side for Gibson style headstocks but with the split-shaft and post hole down the top like old Fenders. I love that. The original "locking tuner".
Or you can have them the original way like on Gibsons.

They are also about half the cost of WD / Klusons.

TM1

Reaction score
LtDave32: Thanks! I really appreciate the insight and info. I am a dealer for WD and get them at cost so prices aren't a problem. But I've met Trev a number of times over the decades at shows and it just totally slipped my mind about his stuff. Most of his products I've tried are great. BTW, where are you located??
Thanks again!

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
LtDave32: Thanks! I really appreciate the insight and info. I am a dealer for WD and get them at cost so prices aren't a problem. But I've met Trev a number of times over the decades at shows and it just totally slipped my mind about his stuff. Most of his products I've tried are great. BTW, where are you located??
Thanks again!

I'm out in the desert near Barstow.

I also love Trev's Tele bridge, heavy-chromed with comped saddles.

Though a lot of WD / Tonepro stuff is top-notch, as I've featured a lot of their products in the past.

We're a legit shop now with a tax ID, so I need to look into getting dealer prices from them.

Latest Threads