Klusons > Grovers > And Then What?

honkytone

Reaction score
Any suggestions for replacing Grovers, that replaced Klusons originally, leaving the bigger holes and washer indentations on the peghead overlay? Among other things I want something that's lighter weight. This is for an early '61 Epiphone Wilshire I'm putting back together. The guitar is so light that the Grovers really make it neck heavy. Grovers weigh almost twice as much as Klusons. Is there a retrofit bushing for Klusons that covers up the indentation from the Grover washer?

jcsk8

Reaction score
Gotoh. Light and will last forever.

honkytone

Reaction score
Thanks. Just found about the Tonepro Kluson B3 tuners that appear to be made exactly for the purpose.

Sven

Reaction score
Another option is to replace the solid metal Grover tuner buttons with pearloid or wooden ones. You'll save a significant percentage of the weight.

honkytone

Reaction score
Good idea and would consider it, but the Grovers on the guitar are a mish-mosh of chrome and nickel, so nah. Found a used set of the Tonepro B3 Klusons on eBay, so I think I'm set. Thanks.

Another option is to replace the solid metal Grover tuner buttons with pearloid or wooden ones. You'll save a significant percentage of the weight.

Latest Threads