Kluson KB3L Tuners vs. Grover Locking Tuners

EVH-SETH

Reaction score
Having tuning issues with my les paul studio, and I'm not in any rush to get new tuners, gonna lube and widen the nut first and see how that works. But I wanted to know for future reference, putting aside the look differences, which would be the better choice? Comes down to preference most likely but which performs better in your opinions? These seem to be the two favorites replacement tuners for Les Paul's.

Grover's
STEWMAC.COM : Pictures of Grover Full-size Locking Tuning Machines

Kluson
Kluson KB3L Keystone Locking Guitar Tuning Machines - 3-Per-Side Bolt Bushing | Musician's Friend

mechtech

Reaction score
It is almost impossible for tuners to slip. The crown gear can NOT turn the worm gear.
Tuners may be horrid and sticky, but if tuned up [not down]to pitch, are last on the list for tuning problems. The nut is 1, bridge 2, how you wind the strings on 3.

EVH-SETH

Reaction score
It is almost impossible for tuners to slip. The crown gear can NOT turn the worm gear.
Tuners may be horrid and sticky, but if tuned up [not down]to pitch, are last on the list for tuning problems. The nut is 1, bridge 2, how you wind the strings on 3.
Appreciate that.

Latest Threads