Klon is building and selling "old-school" Centaurs again

larryguitar

Reaction score
it probably costs him 30 to 40 dollars to build one. the enclosure is probably his biggest cost. he probably gets everything bulk so probably less than what im guesstimating.

If we're going to value things based on their component prices, what would we pay for a song?

:)

Larry

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
If we're going to value things based on their component prices, what would we pay for a song?

:)

Larry

Just saying. When I was building pedals I marked them up too to charge for labor and the knowledgeable it takes to create one. How much is something worth? I Guess it's what the customer is willing to pay. I have a very expensive smart phone that was marked up astronomically.

Last edited:

sonar

Reaction score
I played an original back in the day and was super impressed. At that point the best low OD/boost on the market, especially if you played in a band with old Fender amps. That said, I still didn’t buy one when they were $300. Kinda wish I had that one back.

I’ve played the Archer and I think I still have a Soul Food floating around somewhere. Both are fine. Maybe time has inflated my recollection of the original, but nothing can take away the importance of the Klon back then, before the clones showed up.

If someone wants the original, cool. If Mr. Klon wants to take advantage of a market that definitely exists on a small scale, cool. Doesn’t mean you or I need to be bothered about it.

ARandall

Reaction score
Just saying. When I was building pedals I marked them up too to charge for labor and the knowledgeable it takes to create one. How much is something worth? I Guess it's what the customer is willing to pay. I have a very expensive smart phone that was marked up astronomically.
Nobodies have to price to sell based on being cheap.

However there is not one single thing on the market from a well known maker that is merely made to 'cover for time and materials'. No big company or someone with a reputation would be stupid enough not to price based on prestige.

jerry47

Reaction score
What a racket...He continues to say i will be building these in small amounts, under Boxing rabbits and now this new site, Bullsh*t, He's building in large amounts he's just releasing them at a slow trickle, He could be putting these out under any ebay name ...Nobody would know, $20,000 for every 10 pedals.. Talk about a cash cow... I mean Hell, He's bored one night then says to himself, Oh yeah i want to buy that new corvette let me build 40 pedals and put em out on a slow squeeze over 4 month under who knows what name. Bam!!!! new corvette paid cash!!:sadwave::sadwave::sadwave::sadwave::sadwave:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
He, like anybody else, can build anything (or have anything built for him), sell anything, and charge anything he wants, at any time....

Nobody is holding a gun to anybody's head to buy it.... More power to him....

Buy it, don't buy it, buy an alternative which are all over the place, or buy an original, do whatever makes you moist...

Latest Threads