Klon Centaur/KTR clone

frater106

Reaction score
Who makes the best sounding affordable Klon Centaur/KTR clone? I want to see what all the fuss is about.

EpiLP1985

They call me Derek.
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try the Mosky Golden Horsie. $30 and people who aren't hopeless corksniffers rave about them.

frater106

Reaction score
I’ve got a Mosky Demon II handwired Tube Screamer and it is to die for!!! It even toggles between the TS808 JRC 4558 chip and the more modern TS9 sound. It’s also true bypass.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked all of em.... I liked the MXR, Ceriatone, and Soul Food...

Saying 3 o'clock on anything between pedals is pretty much ridiculous in that the circuits are not identical, components are not identical, tolerances damn sure aren't identical..... 3 o'clock means nothing between different pedals...

They all sounded pretty damn good.... I think the vid kinda blew some of the Klon mystique...

I've heard an OCD that sounded better to me than almost all of those.... Highly subjective though....

Moral of the story, none of those pedals blow any other of the group away.... Damned close...and with a little time, could be set by 'ears' to sound about identical...

BDW60

Reaction score
I really like my Nux Horseman ... it has gold and silver in the same small pedal. I am not a big pedal guy but this 50 bucks was easily the best return on payout I have experienced.

Check out the YouTube compare of the Nux and the real deal. That sold me. Close enough, in fact, extremely close.

BanditPanda

Reaction score

Mike J.

Reaction score
Four pedals I have played - here the order I liked them best:
1. Nux Horseman
2. EHX Soul Food
3. Wampler Tumnus
4. Rockett The Dude and Archer
Pedals 1 and 2 were by far better that 3 and 4.

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the soul food and the archer. Currently using the archer on my board. I think they are different, but both sound good. Never played a Klon. In two more years I will try a KOT.

frater106

Reaction score
I liked all of em.... I liked the MXR, Ceriatone, and Soul Food...

Saying 3 o'clock on anything between pedals is pretty much ridiculous in that the circuits are not identical, components are not identical, tolerances damn sure aren't identical..... 3 o'clock means nothing between different pedals...

They all sounded pretty damn good.... I think the vid kinda blew some of the Klon mystique...

I've heard an OCD that sounded better to me than almost all of those.... Highly subjective though....

Moral of the story, none of those pedals blow any other of the group away.... Damned close...and with a little time, could be set by 'ears' to sound about identical...
I just happened to have bought an OCD not but a day or two ago!!

fuchsods

Reaction score
Who makes the best sounding affordable Klon Centaur/KTR clone? I want to see what all the fuss is about.
I have a KTR and a Ceritone and prefer the KTR for low and mid gain settings. Its really a tremendous pedal and getting expensive. i paid 349.00 new a few years ago. The Ceritone Centaur is an amazing "always on clean boost". it really makes any amp sound better. that one cost me 339.00 recently. I tried the archer and thought it was darn good,but couldn't dial that mid magic the others had. Tried a soul food and chucked it the same day. I hated it. I have played an old silver horsie original and thought it was pretty special.A slight difference in the way it interacts at higher settings. It was different but not 4000.00 dollars different. if you have the budget get the KTR if not the Ceriatone is pretty great.

Latest Threads