Klon Anyone?

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://www.musicradar.com/news/you...BJojQck7V8K2IdV8DyM8d2VwNFQ-HlI2pN1mqFndojtbs

“Now, on a small scale, I am again hand-building a few Centaur units for sale by my company Klon LLC. Given the many demands on my time these days, and also given the labor-intensive and time-consuming nature of building Centaurs, it's inevitable that I will be able to build only a small number of these units, but I hope and expect to continue to be able to do so on a regular basis for some years to come.”

sk8rat

Reaction score
I think a lot of people will get excited, buy them and have immediate buyers remorse. we'll probably also see them for resale for a higher price almost immediately i'm sure.

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gots a Zendrive clone that does everything I can mess up. A more expensive pedal ain't gonna help my sorry playing. :)

Droog

Reaction score
Yeah, because 2 large for a drive pedal is entirely reasonable. I'll stick to my 50 dollar Bad Monkey and drop the money on something that might make me actually sound better......lessons?

Olds442

Reaction score
i heard there's a "silver edition" where they only use solder laced with real silver.

gives it a tad more shimmery-high-mid-grain. it can't be done any other way.

larryguitar

Reaction score
i heard there's a "silver edition" where they only use solder laced with real silver.

gives it a tad more shimmery-high-mid-grain. it can't be done any other way.

In a world where silver-wound pickups actually exist (Duncan Zephyr's), I can't actually tell if you're joking.

Which is odd.

Larry

Ermghoti

Reaction score
I might get a soul food.

I played my Soul Food against a very well regarded Klone. They weren't indistiguishable, bu there wasn't enough difference to prefer one over the other, except the EHX had enough gain on tap to double as a moderate OD if required. As the stereotypical "foundation pedal," their performances were equivalent (not identical).

Deus Vult

Banned
Reaction score
I really like soul food.

The pedal is pretty cool too.

fry

Reaction score
Klon klone pedals are abundant. It’s a whole industry of its own. I think many of the copies are also too expensive. At least they’re not all the size of a Buick.

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Klon klone pedals are abundant. It’s a whole industry of its own. I think many of the copies are also too expensive. At least they’re not all the size of a Buick.
I'm almost 53. I'm starting to like Buicks.

Zoobiedood

Reaction score
I built a BYOC Silver Pony and it sounds wonderful. It is supposedly a 1:1 copy.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
A secret, for more BANG for $- I buy weirdo amps, most cost around $200. ENDLESS tones. I also buy used pedals- I rarely pay more than $60. Is there a KLON tone? We are talking "transparent" OD. I either "dime" my Silvertones or set my dirt pedals to the "edge of break-up." Why pay BIG $ to only impress other guitarists?

"Wow Tim, loved your Klon tone!"

No, I get,

"We want more blood."

Glad R+R is a "dumb" ART form-saves me $.

It does?

Yeah, I have an army of misfit equipment-cheaper than buying high grade weed every week.

Good point.

Latest Threads