KISS FANS....

brentrocks

Guitar Hack
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I was taking my daughter to the Orthodontist today. His office is peppered with tons of Rock n Roll memorabilia!!! The Doctor and I were talking after my daughters exam and we got to talking about KISS.

He went on to tell me he had seen them in 74 ON THR HOTTER THAN HELL TOUR!!! Then he says he snuck a camera in!! He had the negatives digitized and offered to email them to me for my Wall of KISSTORY!!!

They are a great addition to my KISS collection!!!

75-04-17 Burlington, Iowa, Memorial Auditorium, Jay Bowman (14) by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

75-04-17 Burlington, Iowa, Memorial Auditorium, Jay Bowman (18) by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

75-04-17 Burlington, Iowa, Memorial Auditorium, Jay Bowman (23) by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

75-04-17 Burlington, Iowa, Memorial Auditorium, Jay Bowman (25) by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

75-04-17 Burlington, Iowa, Memorial Auditorium, Jay Bowman (28) by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

75-04-17 Burlington, Iowa, Memorial Auditorium, Jay Bowman (29) by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

75-04-17 Burlington, Iowa, Memorial Auditorium, Jay Bowman (32) by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

75-07-20 Davenport, Iowa, RKO Orpheum Theatre, Jay Bowman (2) by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

75-07-20 Davenport, Iowa, RKO Orpheum Theatre, Jay Bowman (4) by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

75-07-20 Davenport, Iowa, RKO Orpheum Theatre, Jay Bowman (6) by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_4096 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_4094 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

Attachments

Olds442

Reaction score
they played at my high school once, long before i went there.

While opened in time for the start of the 1959–60 school year, the school was formally dedicated on November 8, 1959. In 1974, Maine West won a contest to have KISS play at their school. On November 2, 1974, Kiss played in Maine West's auditorium.

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Excellent shots!!
Brings back great memories!
I was 14 when I went to this show, not my ticket stub but I had one just like it, sat 10 rows back & both bands were great, pretty cool you were able to get these photos.

View attachment 490596
Wow! the Michigan Palace on Bagley. I think that was the 2nd night of a two-night gig. And WWWW (W4 radio station) before they went country.

$5.00 ticket price, that was one hour's wage on the line at Dodge Truck.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
they played at my high school once, long before i went there.

While opened in time for the start of the 1959–60 school year, the school was formally dedicated on November 8, 1959. In 1974, Maine West won a contest to have KISS play at their school. On November 2, 1974, Kiss played in Maine West's auditorium.
When I was in high school flyers started appearing around the school that Kiss was going to do a secret concert in our auditorium. We showed up at the appointed time and date and there was Kiss. Bobby Kiss, a school mate.

monstruo_loco

Premium Member
Reaction score
Excellent shots!!

Wow! the Michigan Palace on Bagley. I think that was the 2nd night of a two-night gig. And WWWW (W4 radio station) before they went country.

$5.00 ticket price, that was one hour's wage on the line at Dodge Truck.
I’m pretty sure I was making $1.25 an hour washing dishes, & somehow saved up $210.00 over the next year and bought what I think was a ‘64 Stratocaster (several different dates on parts from ‘62 to ‘64 but neck was stamped ‘64). Mom gave me the last $40.00 for Christmas and my birthday in January.
Man, wish I still had that guitar...

electric head

Just passing thru
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately on our street growing up in the early 70's if you liked Kiss or David bowie you usually got punched in the arm going down our street or you had better be able to run fast..

JTM45

Premium Member
Reaction score
I love the early kiss days right up to Love Gun, those are fantastic

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
Unfortunately on our street growing up in the early 70's if you liked Kiss or David bowie you usually got punched in the arm going down our street or you had better be able to run fast..
Same here. And if you were a musician you had to really crap on Kiss. My cousin was my guitar teacher and he caught them at Coventry before they broke. Him and his other guitar player were laughing about this band that had makeup and fake amps on stage, which of course sounded lame. It was really only recently that I got to see pictures of what he was talking about. On the one hand you look at a bunch of posers, but on the other it could be a bunch of guys working toward a goal.

larryguitar

Reaction score
I saw them in Chicago on the 'Rock and Roll Over' tour-really blew my 15 year old mind.

Made it hard to be impressed by other acts for a good long time, also.

Larry

fry

Reaction score
I saw them in 1979 when I was 11 years old, it was the highlight of my year. Play back in the early 2000s, I was talking to a guy at work about it. He had seen them on the same tour, just in a different part of the country. He asked me who the opening band was. It’s been so many years, and I hadn’t thought about it. I didn’t know who the band was at the time, and had literally blocked that info from my memory. Then the lightbulb went on, holy shit, it was Judas Priest! When I was 11, I didn’t know Judas Priest from the man in the moon, they made no impact on me at all. No doubt that they were awesome, and probably much better than the headliner.

Latest Threads